CARQUEST 84502 CUT OPEN AND TORN!

Dunno, I’d wager the Expedition having unknown history and maybe sat most last year and possibly used car place didn’t change filter
Well it made me think that possibly there was a bunch of condensation (water) in that oil. If I owned that rig I'd do another OCI in a couple months and see what that oil look like or at least extract a small sample and send it in for analysis if it looked strange.

Adam-this may seem like a long shot, but make sure that Expedition has a good thermostat & gets up to operating temperature regularly-my Grand Marquis had a stuck open ‘stat when I bought it, a 195F Superstat got the condensation out of my oil pretty quickly. It had the mayonnaise under the oil cap when I bought it, it’s never been back since. Didn’t do any permanent damage, though.

Adam-this may seem like a long shot, but make sure that Expedition has a good thermostat & gets up to operating temperature regularly-my Grand Marquis had a stuck open ‘stat when I bought it, a 195F Superstat got the condensation out of my oil pretty quickly. It had the mayonnaise under the oil cap when I bought it, it’s never been back since. Didn’t do any permanent damage, though.
I’ll tell him that.

Back