Career Change -- IT

I'm getting sick of IT.

Seriously, I'm starting to really hate it.

Part of it might be that, where I live, almost all of the IT jobs are Federal government contracting jobs. A private-sector IT job is like a needle in a haystack around here. Even if you find the rare IT job that doesn't require a security clearance, you'll probably find during the interview that it's still a Federal contract position, just not a DoD Federal contract position.

I think I need to move. I'm only here because someone at Mobil in the 1980s had the bright idea to move their corp HQ to Fairfax, Virginia.
Does the high cost of living in your area make it difficult to find remote work which pays the same or better?

Hi,
Wanted to revive the thread briefly. Have struck out trying to find an IT person to speak with in the Minneapolis area. If anyone might be aware of someone with some insight on moving forward with this process, I'd appreciate any assistance I can get. Or if aware of the reputation of: Trilogy Education Services,

Have a good weekend.

Hi,
Wanted to revive the thread briefly. Have struck out trying to find an IT person to speak with in the Minneapolis area. If anyone might be aware of someone with some insight on moving forward with this process, I'd appreciate any assistance I can get. Or if aware of the reputation of: Trilogy Education Services,

Have a good weekend.

Did you enroll in the boot camp you mentioned in the very first post ?

Lots of IT jobs in healthcare.

Back