Car shipping company

I am looking at few car shipping companies:

-Easy Auto Ship
-Sherpa Auto Transport
-Montway Auto Transport

Anyone has good experience with any of these companies?

Just be careful getting a quote..these are brokers that schedule shipments for hot shotters. You will get bombarded with emails, calls, and texts for a while. It seems to be a pretty homogenized service, they all offer the same insurance, and price seems largely based on time frame. I considered it when looking at an out of state vehicle, and would again, but I'd use a burner phone.

As someone who worked for several dealerships, especially as a lot manager, as your local dealership who they use. Montway is usually one of the more expensive shippers. Be careful finding one. Vinwiki has some horror stories about vehicle shippers. Also check to see if it's open or an enclosed teansporter.

We used Parkway Transport to move a F 150 from North Florida to Minneapolis and were very happy with the service.
It was two days service from florida to minnesota, not bad.
Parkway was the only company that would give us a solid delivery date.
We did extensive research and found most companies are indeed brokers (as 01rangerxl said) or will not give you a solid delivery date.

Good Luck.

It was two days service from florida to minnesota, not bad.
Parkway was the only company that would give us a solid delivery date.
That was basically a dedicated delivery. I'd think these companies try and consolidate and pick-up/deliver multiple vehicles to make it a worthwhile trip. If you don't mind, how much did this cost ?

That was basically a dedicated delivery. I'd think these companies try and consolidate and pick-up/deliver multiple vehicles to make it a worthwhile trip. If you don't mind, how much did this cost ?
If I remember correctly it was 1100.00, in 2019.
Open trailer with other vehicles.

All I know is if the two locations aren’t common don’t expect a single bid for an excessive period followed by one guy asking north of $3000

As someone who worked for several dealerships, especially as a lot manager, as your local dealership who they use. Montway is usually one of the more expensive shippers. Be careful finding one. Vinwiki has some horror stories about vehicle shippers. Also check to see if it's open or an enclosed teansporter.

Montway is actually the cheapest out of the 3 i listed. Quoted $1700 for enclosed. Are they reliable?

Be sure to read the contract, in detail in advance. No rational person would agree to many of the terms and conditions in the brokers' of auto transport contracts. The first thing the do is get your credit card and get your deposit- before they have a driver identified. Next the driver won't show... and they will raise the rate.... they already have your credit card and deposit.... and at delivery... often more costs... this is a very dirty business. Almost every broker will have English as a second language. Nothing wrong with that alone, but shows you who is attracted to that business as a broker. Many of the brokers are from Romania, Nigeria, etc.... former eastern block countries, west Africa, and the Caribbean (Jamaica) same places that seem to originate a lot of scams and frauds.

You need to list many more details to include:
* make model of vehicle
* does it run, roll, steer and brake
* origin and destination city
* enclosed or open transport
* are pickup and delivery location easily accessible by a 18 wheeler
* what is the required timeframe- anytime is fine, or need the vehicle picked up at a specific date- same with delivery

City pairs are critical in the price. Phoenix to Chicago, very easy to find a transporter at a decent price. Boise to Bangor, Maine... going to get killed on price.

Also note- if you have a insurance claim- and you likely will unless the vehicle is already hurting, it is near impossible to collect on the claim. If transporting a 2007 Toyota Camry that was a former rental car... no big issue. If transporting a 2021 Corvette... very different situation.

Comes down to money... a decent auto transport cost decent money. Brokers like you have listed above are simply trying to make the most money or your shipment. They don't care about your reviews and know you will never use them again.... they will find another sucker...

One of the big "cons" in this business is reviews. Near delivery time they tell you they need to charge you another $600. You say I have a contract and will write a review of this business practice. Their comeback is if you write a nice review in advance, they will cut the additional charge to only $400. REMEMBER, THEY HAVE YOUR CAR, YOUR MONEY, YOUR CREDIT CARD, AND A ONE SIDED CONTRACT THAT GIVES THEM MORE POWER THAN THE IRS. No way to have your credit card company execute a chargeback...

The guys that transport prime vehicles to major auto auctions are professionals... and charge accordingly.

I have used the above like brokers many times... they are all the same....I would trust a carnival barker over any of them. Options I have moved to include doing the transport myself. I purchased a car hauler. Something that has worked l is having a retired person do the transport for simply gas and tolls. Did this three times, always worked surprisingly well. It takes great screening skills to find a match.

Please post the details and I bet you can get better information from the BITOG members.

Last edited:
Choosing the right car shipping company is crucial, and it's great that you're doing your research. While I can't personally vouch for the companies you mentioned, I can definitely share my own experience. When I needed to get my car from Chicago to California, I went with one car shipping company. They were on point, ensuring my car was handled carefully and arrived in excellent condition. You can explore their services at https://www.a1autotransport.com/los-angeles-moving-companies/ Ask questions about their services, like insurance coverage, delivery times, and any additional fees.

Back