Can't find Chevron.....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Oak Ridge, TN, and I can't seem to find any store which carries Chevron supreme motor oil!!! I looked in Oak Ridge, and in Knoxville: no luck!

Anybody know how to find it this area? Can one buy online?

Thanks.....

Do you have Schucks/Kragen/Checker auto stores (they are all in the same chain)? If so, they carry it.

I don't know what kind of stores you have in your area, but I have always been able to find Chevron Supreme at Checker Auto Parts Stores. Another place to look is probably AutoZone, but I don't have as much experience with them because there is only one AutoZone Store in Pueblo.

Chevron's answer on Havoline if they were the same seemed a bit dicey.Similar in performance.Maybe they get the Shell/Equillan stuff still and tag it as their own?
rolleyes.gif

Physically, the data sheets are the same between Havoline and Chevron Supreme. Generally the only difference is the TBN, usually different by .2 or .3. Havoline and Chevron use the same base oils with slightly different add packs - the Havoline uses some magnesium where the Cehvron doesn't.

Checker/Kragen/Schucks seems to be the only retail source of Chevron Supreme around here. The Havoline is readily availible at many places.

Around here it's Walmart whic is the best source for Chevron. Autozone and other stores merely stock the Delo 15W40 and straight 30.

We had a thread on this same subject "Where to buy Chevron" some months (maybe a year?) ago.
Much of the same advice was posted there as well ... along with one source everyone forgets: The independent jobbers.

Search the phone book(s) in your area under fuels/lubricants, etc ... and see if you can find a stocking dealer. Price won't match the disounters but it'll be cheaper than gas stations. Just be prepared to buy in case lots.
smile.gif

--- Bror Jace

If someone wants to make a load of money, they should go out and buy tons of Chevron Supreme, and GC 0w30, and sell it to all the members on here who have been driving around from store to store looking for either of these hard to find oils!
smile.gif

(maybe those of us doing this are crazy, and we should just order some Schaeffer Oil or Amsoil from one of the site sponsors here and stop messing around!)
smile.gif

[ September 16, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
...they should go out and buy tons of GC 0w30...

Been there....done that.
grin.gif

(It's a good thing I keep it in my basement...don't think my upper floors are stressed to hold a ton.)

[ September 16, 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

If you have Chevron gas stations, I'd assume that you could get it there. They'll probably charge more than any other place, though.

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
I live in Oak Ridge, TN, and I can't seem to find any store which carries Chevron supreme motor oil!!! I looked in Oak Ridge, and in Knoxville: no luck!

Anybody know how to find it this area? Can one buy online?

Thanks.....

Walmart here carries it but they are almost always sold out. Must be the rest of you BITOG groupies buying it all up! I change the oil for a female friend of mine that lives down the street and wanted to try the Chevron but could not easily get it, so I got Mobil Drive Clean instead. I use M1 in my truck.

This is why I am still paying $6.77 for 5 quarts of Pennzoil 5W-30 Purebase. My local Wally's always has it. So far, they still have the ST 3950 in stock too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back