Candle Powered "Flower Pot Heaters" ?

By the time you set out to do this, the science and mathematics of heating was well up and running. Experts worked in labs and in building basements as stationary engineers.
The articles you read were written by less involved people. A descriptive article in a trade mag or Popular Mechanics would have bits of intel but "filler pieces" have always littered the road to research.
Knowledge is still not "given away" or magically imparted.
Yeah I had to figure that stuff out for myself

What, physics must still be obeyed? Blasphemy!!

My favorite is the latest one that is a cut up coke can with about 2" of heating element in it.
You getting those too. It's funny, as it's currently -25* F. Yeah...working on that candle pot a
heater as it's only 60* in the shop. 🤣

For those of us on the "nerdy" side, this book is quite a good read. It is a history lesson, a bit of a (very interesting) biography of the various characters in Thermodynamics and of course, the science.

As mentioned above, one candle can produce about 80 BTU. A furnace for a Northern home will need to be about 170,000 BTU to heat the home.

61jIKtTW9QL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I feel like a piece of metal with an electric element wrapped around it would work better than a flowerpot with a candle smothered underneath it. The smoke from the candle will warm up the pot, but it's not going to magically create heat.

LOL, the ad just rolled around on my youtube feed:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 122252.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-31 122301.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-31 122311.jpg

At the end of the day, its a flipping ad for one of those small little space heaters that plug straight into the wall.

I had two of them I used to use in the RV before I upgraded the overhead unit to do electric heat. Just a small little space heater.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 122447.jpg

LOL, the ad just rolled around on my youtube feed:

View attachment 195760

View attachment 195761

View attachment 195762

At the end of the day, its a flipping ad for one of those small little space heaters that plug straight into the wall.

I had two of them I used to use in the RV before I upgraded the overhead unit to do electric heat. Just a small little space heater.

View attachment 195763
34 to 85f in 90 seconds? Is this living room only big enough for a door, tv, and small chair? With 3 torches heating a large piece of metal to about 600f it still takes a while to warm up a large room.

34 to 85f in 90 seconds? Is this living room only big enough for a door, tv, and small chair? With 3 torches heating a large piece of metal to about 600f it still takes a while to warm up a large room.
Nahh, big open faced magnetron pointed right at you. That should get you warmed up in quite a hurry.

Back