Can you knock out the plastic flap inside filler neck?

I bought a new filler neck off ebay for my diesel truck to replace the current one thst has a pinhole leak . Well it looks to be the same filler neck, but it has that little flap inside like what you would see for a gas truck. Diesels don't have these. Or atleast not one I've seen. Are these removable? A diesel pump nozzle isn't even going to fit in that flap hole, it's too small.

Sounds to me like you bought the wrong filler neck. You shouldn't have to modify that to make it work.
I was sold the wrong one. It's used and I only paid $40. It's the same ad the one on my diesel, just has that plastic thing inside

So you have to remove the flap and enlarge the hole too?
Sounds like you have a plan.
Best of luck. I hope the materials used and the dimensions involved and your tools and skills reap success.
How much would the correct one have cost?

So you have to remove the flap and enlarge the hole too?
Sounds like you have a plan.
Best of luck. I hope the materials used and the dimensions involved and your tools and skills reap success.
How much would the correct one have cost?
They want like $150 for used ones on ebay. Should have just stuck with my $2 hose and clamp repair, the easy way just isn't an option with me. Oh and all the other new replacements seem to be painted inside and out, so I'm not dealing with that disaster when it starts flaking off from the fuel

Tanks on semi trucks have a huge hole when you remove the fuel cap. I think the motor guy can make it work.
Like I said, it's the same filler neck minus the plastic thingy. I think it's so people don't put the wrong type of fuel in.

I remember driving in Canada in a 1976 VW Rabbit. It called for unleaded gasoline and had the new, smaller neck size.
LOTS of gas stations in the Dominion had larger, unusable nozzles.

Ha-ha...leftover from the old Imperial gallon days, no doubt.

It should be removable.

I removed the misfueling guard from my Touareg by turning it counter clockwise to unlock it and snatching it out with a pair of pliers. Maybe yours works similarly?

I bought a new filler neck off ebay for my diesel truck to replace the current one thst has a pinhole leak . Well it looks to be the same filler neck, but it has that little flap inside like what you would see for a gas truck. Diesels don't have these. Or atleast not one I've seen. Are these removable? A diesel pump nozzle isn't even going to fit in that flap hole, it's too small.
Are you saying you want to use the commercial nozzles? I suspect it's a mis-fueling device used to prevent people from accidently filling with gasoline. Here's the mechanism BMW used in my 2010 335d. It's designed to allow the larger diesel nozzles (non-commercial). All non-commercial diesel nozzles should be 24mm by now.

index.php

Last edited:
Back