Can WJB wheel bearings compete with SKF, BCA?

Here again asking for my 2000 Camry. Front wheel bearings hum around 30 mph and fade away around 45’ish. RockAuto has BCA and SKF available, but I’ve been reading on here about WJB being a somewhat recommended brand.

Any suggestions?

I think bca is an ntn brand. I wouldn’t have any issues trying at wjb if it’s easy to replace.
I hear that wheels bearings are difficult to do on Camrys but I don’t know what difficult is since I’m mechanically inclined and have put motors together in the past lol..

Here again asking for my 2000 Camry. Front wheel bearings hum around 30 mph and fade away around 45’ish. RockAuto has BCA and SKF available, but I’ve been reading on here about WJB being a somewhat recommended brand.

Any suggestions?
WJB is not a brand you will find me buying or installing. SKF, BCA, FAG/Schaeffler , Timken (some), Koyo, NSK, are all good. Old National were very good but since being bought by Moog is now on the sketchy list.

WJB is not a brand you will find me buying or installing. SKF, BCA, FAG/Schaeffler , Timken (some), Koyo, NSK, are all good. Old National were very good but since being bought by Moog is now on the sketchy list.
I saw Schaeffler but didn’t know if they were reputable?

They are one of Germany's largest and high quality bearing manufacturers, often sold under the FAG, LUK and INA names. They do have plants in China and Korea also but they are their own plants.
Thanks Trav, not just for the reply but the constant knowledge you share in this forum. I learned a lot by reading your old posts when I search for stuff.

Have you actually tried them though?

I don't use cheap no name parts in general but being in the business so long you see a lot of things and get a good indication of what you would use, what works well and what doesnt. Would you put dollar store spark plugs in an engine that were difficult to change them on?
It is rare to find good parts cheap, it is usually a crap shoot.

I don't use cheap no name parts in general but being in the business so long you see a lot of things and get a good indication of what you would use, what works well and what doesnt. Would you put dollar store spark plugs in an engine that were difficult to change them on?
It is rare to find good parts cheap, it is usually a crap shoot.
N0!

Have you actually tried them though?
I felt the same way and your opinion is true in most cases but I gave WJB a chance years ago and even tested on my own vehicle before customers and i tell you they are a quality part - I have not had any come backs after probably 30-40 installs over the past few years and my vehicle has about 75k miles on the WJB and no issues. They have outlasted Moogs and others I have used. I still offer Timken etc to customers but where price is a concern I will use a WJB with no hesitation.

I felt the same way and your opinion is true in most cases but I gave WJB a chance years ago and even tested on my own vehicle before customers and i tell you they are a quality part - I have not had any come backs after probably 30-40 installs over the past few years and my vehicle has about 75k miles on the WJB and no issues. They have outlasted Moogs and others I have used. I still offer Timken etc to customers but where price is a concern I will use a WJB with no hesitation.
Sounds good to me.
I respect and value both of you guys experience.
Experience being the key word here for all of us.

I have 2 of them sitting on the shelf waiting to try out.

I would say it's tough for them to break into a market with big names, although I'm finding big names are not living up to established reputations much these days. I would go oem or jap/german bearings.

I hear that wheels bearings are difficult to do on Camrys but I don’t know what difficult is since I’m mechanically inclined and have put motors together in the past lol..

I did a front one on a Prius and what was difficult is that corrosion between the bearing and the knuckle made it hard to get out. I used an air hammer and did some mangling.

Assuming the Camry is similar to the Prius... if you are in a no-salt zone, you might find that it's very easy; I watched a video from the south where it was a breeze.

I used a Mevotech Supreme... I think if it fails prematurely it won't be that hard to swap out.

Depends how long you intend to keep the car. If you are going to sell it soon buy WJB, if you want to keep it long term then buy a better brand. Such as SKF, BCA.

Back