Can M1 LV ATF HP be used in '17 Silverado 5.3 6-Speed transmission?

There is no downside to getting the factory fluid changed out early at least. Especially for free. A custom tune can be attempted later on but maybe that should wait until after warranty is up?
They didn't put the factory fluid in...that's the issue. The dealer should have put in Dex6. The dealer doesn't know what they are doing.

They didn't put the factory fluid in...that's the issue. The dealer should have put in Dex6. The dealer doesn't know what they are doing.
They did put dex 6 in. Go back and check the thread starter posts. He checked the paperwork and it said Dex 6. The service advisor misinformed him.

They did put dex 6 in. Go back and check the thread starter posts. He checked the paperwork and it said Dex 6. The service advisor misinformed him.

OK. see that now. Anyway-it won't help. As I said I am on my third one with the six speed. My wife and I call it "the clunk-o-matic.". List price on my truck was over $54,000.00 and it's a major lack of refinement. When it's pulling my trailer at 60 or 65mph it runs great. But locking and unlocking the torque converter (around town) equals the clunk at times.

There is no downside to getting the factory fluid changed out early at least. Especially for free. A custom tune can be attempted later on but maybe that should wait until after warranty is up?
Yes-over writing the ECM is a major concern for a (power train) warranty repair.

Back