Can I trust a refurbished gaming desktop?

Title says it all
Screenshot_20240104_122828_Walmart.jpg

About the only risk with "refurbished" PC is older cooling fans and the inevitable power supply failure, both of which are often commodity parts.

I only buy refurbed computers, and refurbed radar detectors as well. Except I stick with HP.

The only downside I have seen is that they lack the chip that allows a upgrade to Windows 11 through updates. But I am not interested in Windows 11 anyway.

Since it's manufacture refurb, yes. 3rd party refurb is like buying a car off a used car dealer lot without seeing and test driving it

A lot of these computers are returns and overstocks an easy way for the manufacturer to clear out products without offending customers that paid full price. 13th generation processor runs Win 11 and soon Win 12

I buy my most of the electronics refurbished. As long as its a reputed manufacturer, you are good

That said, I just built a gaming desktop at Microcenter.
Would avoid Intel processor ending in F.

Got Ryzen 7 7800X3d with Gigabyte 4070i, including 3 year total replacement warranty for $2126, so this is not actually a deal for a refurb.

Feck. My credit score is in the process of being rebuilt and I don't have adequate numbers to purchase this desktop. Max I got approved for was 1K

Back