Can I load two programs with one click?

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
There are two programs that I always use together. They are online and I access them thru shortcuts on my desktop. Is there some way that I can access them simultaneously, maybe by creating a little program to do it?

batch file?
Yes, that's the term I was looking for. I checked Mr. Google and found some instructions for creating a file ... I'll experiment a little and see what I can do. It's been years since I've played around with this sort of thing. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, I think that's the term I was looking for. Is it possible to create such a file for the described purpose?
You bet!

I bet if you listed your operating system we could pin it down better.

You bet!

I bet if you listed your operating system we could pin it down better.
I'm using Win10. Found some info that looks helpful and I'll look into setting up such a file when I return home this evening.

Since they are online, they are most-likely browser based. Create a folder on your shortcut bar and create shortcuts to both applications in the folder. Right click on the folder and select "Open All Bookmarks"
This worked pretty well. Thank you! The only issue is that have to access the shortcuts through the browser interface as opposed to just clicking on a shortcut directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I've only been in IT for 15 years and glad I didn't start sooner. Sitting at one all day at work has gotten very old, glad I will be retiring soon.
FYI, I like to joke about computers. The IT world has offered me a wonderful career, not to mention wealth beyond my comprehension.
I went from a worthless drunk, doing manual labor to an IT professional coding major custom business applications.
So I don't really hate computers...

Back