Can car parts be cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an ad looking for mustang wheels and gave him my old set taking up space. I had taken them off when I got a nail puncture. Got it repaired but liked the spares I put on more. This happened about 2 months after I had a new set of tires on.

Notice the same guy now has an ad up trying to sell the wheels for $100 with a giant slash in a sidewall. This is about 2 months later. It is actually a good deal and I'd almost bite, but these series of events have led me to believe this set of wheels is cursed.

Has anyone had a similar experience with automobile parts?

Funny you should mention curses in the automotive vein.

My BIL bought a new 2019 Genesis G70 or G80 (3.7 biTurbo). The car has staggered wheels of ridiculously low profile.
He cracked, thus destroying, 2 wheels and tires on Day #3.
Later, he skipped off a decking plate (metal plates used to temporarily cover excavations in the street) and took a huge chunk off another.
That's just the wheels.
Then, due to misjudgment of width, drove the shoulder line (from the front fender, across both doors -destroying both door handles- and well into the rear quarter panel) against the unyielding lift hardware of a straight job (truck), deeply gauging the entire length of the car.

Chicago and Boston baseball provide inarguable proof of curses. As a Met fan I believe I know of curses too.

My BIL now believes in them too.
With the car paid off (3 year loan) he's talking about trading it in...but only mentions it well beyond the car's hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back