Can anyone ID these electrical components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spotted these while leaving our elementary school gym after indoor soccer practice tonight and they piqued my interest, as I've never seen a setup like this. Can anyone tell me what this is for? It appears to all tie back to the sub-panel, but I couldn't trace the lines in the other direction.

Just a guess but some large HVAC systems use air pressure as the signal from the thermostat in the room to the controls. That would explain the tubing and the day/night valves.

Something tied into the sprinkler system to sound alarm based on drop inn water pressure? That is a strange thing.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Just a guess but some large HVAC systems use air pressure as the signal from the thermostat in the room to the controls. That would explain the tubing and the day/night valves.
I like your answer better than mine.

Padawan

I forgot to include this photo of one of the cylinders. I tried Googling some of the info stamped on it, but couldn't come up with anything.

Top photo solenoid operated valves. Next two pressure switches Last one solenoid operated valves agin

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Here's one for ya.
High voltage relay, possibly a Kilovac brand.
Well, you sound like you know. I guessed an arc light, but I suppose the glass would melt.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Here's one for ya.
High voltage relay, possibly a Kilovac brand.
Vacuum relay is correct. I believe this one is made by ITT. It's a paper weight on my desk at work.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Top photo solenoid operated valves. Next two pressure switches Last one solenoid operated valves agin
Yep, common facility HVAC equipment. Used a lot in hydronic systems.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: tom slick
I like your answer better than mine.
That's the old Johnson Controls logo. All I could make out from the plate was "V20". I found this listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Johnson-Controls-Solenoid-Valve-Part-No-V20-6110-/291955433864

Status
Not open for further replies.