Can anyone confirm this is just a bad battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery may have lasted longer under better conditions however delivering Pizza isn't to good for it. Most of the drivers leave their car to idle between runs but I'd rather replace a battery than an engine.

Originally Posted By: Hemispheres
The battery may have lasted longer under better conditions however delivering Pizza isn't to good for it. Most of the drivers leave their car to idle between runs but I'd rather replace a battery than an engine.

I hear it's actually the starters that take the worst of it rather than the batteries from delivery drivers. I don't think it's too awful to idle it since it should be short periods in between driving.

Fully charge with AC charger. Then test battery and charging system. You need more than a DVM to test, such as carbon pile load tester or tester similar to Midtronics.

AZ or AAP will test for you. But charge it first.

Lol I'm actually surprised myself. Since 2012 90% of cold starts have been remote starts. I've been patiently waiting for the starter to go.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Fully charge with AC charger. Then test battery and charging system. You need more than a DVM to test, such as carbon pile load tester or tester similar to Midtronics.

AZ or AAP will test for you. But charge it first.

Yes and around here both AZ and AAP have 40 amp chargers where you can drop the battery off and they will charge it for you in a couple hours or however long you need to leave it before testing it

Turns out it is the alternator. Yesterday the temp gauge went back to the normal as did the tachometer, however at the same time I began hearing a rattling coming from the engine compartment. Tonight I traced it to the alternator pulley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back