Called into work, I'm NOT coming in Tomorrow!

6-12" of snow, with -15 windchills and a 15mph wind.....

I'm supposed to report at 3AM, I don't think I could even get home, if I did make it to work. So I'm taking time.
Just too dangerous to take a econobox Nissan Hatchback out into this. Snow all day tomorrow,
I've been stuck in some bad snow drifts, but this cold has me concerned!
I'm in the rural Evansville area. Who knows when the Road Commissioner starts blading the roads....
I'll try not to die of a heart attack.

6-12" of snow, with -15 windchills and a 15mph wind.....

I'm supposed to report at 3AM, I don't think I could even get home, if I did make it to work. So I'm taking time.
Just too dangerous to take a econobox Nissan Hatchback out into this. Snow all day tomorrow,
I've been stuck in some bad snow drifts, but this cold has me concerned!
I'm in the rural Evansville area. Who knows when the Road Commissioner starts blading the roads....
I'll try not to die of a heart attack.
I'm sure you won't be the only one!

Evansville? Got a friend who lives in Evansville Indiana who is an aircraft mechanic. That’s some cold weather for sure. I’d hate that. Especially the snow part I love snow but I can’t stay home for extended periods of time so I would go crazy.

I believe International Falls was -41F Sat morning. Was -20F this morning in the metro.

Not going anywhere tomorrow. If I could have the roads to myself, I'd think about going in. VPN to the rescue.
Screenshot_20210214-190309_Arlo.jpg

DFW has its first wind chill warning some areas are expected to get -20 degree wind chills. We got snow today with up to 6 in by wed. I know you guys up noth laugh at that but we have minimal equipment and cant plow roads so basically dfw is shut down. Its so cold we are getting power advisories to limit electrical power usage as much as possible. Craziness

Have driven to/from work in New England blizzards. Having a 4wd/awd vehicle with snow tires helps plenty. Also used snow cables(chains) on my front wheel drive vehicles and never had an issue until vehicles high stranded(and that took more than 6-12" of snow). Never did let a little snow prevent me from getting ahead financially.

We're supposed to get 6-10 inches, wind, and -20 wind chill. I'll be working from home tomorrow, and the truck will stay in the garage... just like every other day for the past 11 months.

Not serious but still cold...
It's minus five and will get down to minus 13 here in Tonganoxie. Had installed pantyhose liner to keep debris off but it's looking more like a leg warmer for the new intake at the moment.

Attachments

• 20210214_173800.jpg
    20210214_173800.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210208_174653.jpg
    20210208_174653.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 30
Come on.....a truck and 1.75 inches of snow????
I take it you've never had the joy of a TX Ice/Snow Storm have ya?

they don't have plows, don't salt the roads, and just dump sand/grit in intersections.
I can easily think of a couple such storms my brother didn't make it to work in, when he lived in eastern Tarrant County(Fort Worth), and worked down by Love Field.(Dallas)

he grew up here in OH, back when we had real winters on the regular so he knows how to drive in the snow, and his 4wd Dakota had severe snow rated tires. the roads were basically solid ice. i think he got about 2 miles from the house (after about 20 minutes), before he gave up and went back home.

Back