quote:

Originally posted by FD777:
Another person in *my* territory!
nono.gif

Just kidding, welcome to the club!
welcome.gif

Thanks again
wink.gif

Actually I was reading this forum for couple of years (from time to time) but had never post any messages, sorry. I'm fixing this situation right now
smile.gif

BTW. Speaking about myself - I am Castrol addicted since my first car which is something like 17-18 years back
grin.gif

I’ve tried Mobil1 many times, still doesn't like it (my personal filings, no scientific explanation)

P.S. I did an oil analis from Blackstone Laboratory and pretty happy with the result. Shows less then usual wearing for my Jeep GC Overland (I use Syntec 10W-30/40 for this car and I'm not a "soft" driver)

[ June 11, 2006, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Lepricon ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lepricon:

quote:

Originally posted by John Hilmer:
Lepricon,

welcome.gif
Glad you joined in here.

Pictures of the gold are not required. You might just let us know what the date code on the bottom is though, just for grins. John

First - Thanks
smile.gif

Second, the date code is M060876 (I think it's enough). Also it has MB 229.5 and VW 503 01 certification (I saw somewere on this forum that people are interested in those numbers) and on the front of the bottle it says European Formula.
API - SL/CF.
And last - sorry for my English but what does it mean "grins" ?

That's approximately the same date code of the GC gold that I found in the DeKalb, IL store. If I understand it correctly, it was born in late March of this year. So far, these have been the most recent GC findings.

quote:

Originally posted by Lepricon:

quote:

Originally posted by John Hilmer:
Lepricon,

welcome.gif
Glad you joined in here.

Pictures of the gold are not required. You might just let us know what the date code on the bottom is though, just for grins. John

First - Thanks
smile.gif

Second, the date code is M060876 (I think it's enough). Also it has MB 229.5 and VW 503 01 certification (I saw somewere on this forum that people are interested in those numbers) and on the front of the bottle it says European Formula.
API - SL/CF.
And last - sorry for my English but what does it mean "grins" ?

Sorry; "Grins" is slange to mean a simple added good feeling but not required. I could also say " Add it if you like just to clarify or make it more obvious but it isn't really needed.
cheers.gif

I just revisited this AZ today. They happened to have 4 qts of Green (2 M03xxx and 2 M04xxx) even though I cleaned them out before!

I chatted with the manager, he said they got a bunch of inventory from another AZ. I told him about the whole Green/Gold and date codes. He was intrigued... Anyways, nice manager and nice clerk. They didn't have any more in the back and he wished me "Happy Hunting".

Moral of the story: You can find green GC even if the AZ didn't have it before. AZ somtimes moves inventory from store to store.

code:

6/18/2006

1475 Fitzgerald Dr Ste. 100 Gold Plenty

Pinole, CA 94564 Green 4 qts

(510) 758-4200

quote:

Originally posted by FD777:
Moral of the story: You can find green GC even if the AZ didn't have it before. AZ somtimes moves inventory from store to store.

They do it with Pre-GC too.
This is what they've recently sent to my local store. A case of the 5 year old oil.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
An inventory readjustment.
They pull the old stuff from the stores where it doesn't sell and send it to the most active stores, where GC tend to sell the fastest.

GC and pre-GC have the same SKU. There is no way for AZ to keep track of the different products, nor for them to get rid of their old obsolete stock of pre-GC.

Since I think I've more or less cleaned San Diego out of green GC I'll give up my list of AZ's that stock GC.

Fallbrook, Mission Rd, by Albertsons.

O-side, 39xx Mission Rd, by College Ave, not the one by the I-5.

Vista, N Sante Fe

Esco, Escondido Blvd, by El Tigre, across from the DMV. OPEN TILL MIDNIGHT!

Mira Mesa Blvd, just west of the I-15.

Ramona!!! right next to Mobil as you enter town from Poway.

Santee, off Cuyamaca? by the trolley tracks and the big strip mall.

Downtown, Imperial Ave, just east of I-5, lock your doors

Chula Vista
Palm Ave, the one by the I-5. IB?
3rd Ave? I got 18qts of GC green outta this one

There's a couple more around Chula and Nasty City that stock GC but I don't remember where.
AZ in Temecula (Winchester), Murrieta, Menifee, Perris (4th Ave?), and Hemet all stock GC.
And I still haven't checked all the AZ's around downtown and El Cajon.

Good hunting....

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
Since I think I've more or less cleaned San Diego out of green GC I'll give up my list of AZ's that stock GC.

GTX510 - Gee, thanks for cleaning out the county! Looks like I've been right behind you searching for the green (with no success lately). In general, the 'little' AZ stores don't stock GC but most of the 'big' ones do. At least that's been my experience.

sorry about that, I think it was OCD.

Downtown, El Cajon, Nat'l City, or Chula Vista might have some green left. El Centro?

Honestly, I've seen AZ in TJ and Ensenada. Roadtrip?

yeah, I call them the ghetto stores. They're not all in the ghetto but most of them are the smaller stores that used to be Chief Auto.
If the store is small and if the oil is on the back wall the usually don't have GC or M1 0W40.

quote:

Vista, N Sante Fe

Chula Vista

There's a couple more around Chula and Nasty City that stock GC but I don't remember where.
AZ in Temecula (Winchester), Murrieta, Menifee, Perris (4th Ave?), and Hemet all stock GC.

Good hunting....

LOL!! I cleaned those stores out a long time ago. I had the IE and North SD done up over a year ago. Don't be afraid of the ghetto, it's America.

i just scored some green at an autozone somewhere near Lakewood, CA. It was in a really shabby/ghetto area and my friend was dropping off his buddy at this particular Autozone to pick up a part. i wandered to the oil section and scored 6 qrts of the green stuff.

I'm heading down to LA/San Diego next week...

Can you guys point me towards any good AutoZones in the area?
grin.gif

Then again, there are too many to list... I don't even know where to start
shocked.gif

You can more or less bet on any of the one's above not having GC green.
I'd try LA,OC, and the Inland Empire.
Fontucky, Vickerville, Palmdale, Bakersfeild?
Tijuana?

bluengold
Member # 6559

posted 03 August, 2006 22:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vista, N Sante Fe

Chula Vista

Good hunting....

LOL!! I cleaned those stores out a long time ago. I had the IE and North SD done up over a year ago. Don't be afraid of the ghetto, it's America.
Posts: 24 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2005 | IP: Logged |

You did not do good enough job because the one 3rd Ave had some as of the 10th. Trust me its just a couple of blocks down the street from my apt. Also try the one on broadway and moss.

hmm, maybe 3rd Ave had some hiding in the back?
b/c all the other stores seem to be restocking with the new Euro formula.
Thanks for the tip.
Let the hunt begin...

"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you"

8/20/2007
535 S Pacific Avenue
San Pedro, CA 90731
(310) 832-1162

US - 1 qt
Green - 4 qts bought (1 leaky bottle still there)
Gold - Some

The best way to hit a big score of GC (especially the green) is to go to all the AZ stores you can find in the cities within 2-3hrs from your home. Find the stores that are in the worst ghettos and rough hoods. Oil that costs $6.19 a qt don't sell well in those stores. I ended up with over 100qts of the green and don't even use the stuff. See the "for sale" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back