Cabin Filters (NSFB) not safe for BITOG

The moratorium on evictions has expired.
This well lived in glove box unit and it's fine color matching
decor is no longer on the market.
CAF100.jpg

Pulled this out of my new to me civic this morning. I see it could have been much worse lol. Also got a nice plump mouse in the trap overnight.

Attachments

• 25C8B26E-71D6-4264-A92F-D85E3F2E1FEC.jpeg
    25C8B26E-71D6-4264-A92F-D85E3F2E1FEC.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 52
View attachment 50202View attachment 50203
It's been very busy at my Lube center.
The culturally vibrant neighborhood where my center is located has seen
a monetary windfall with tax returns and stimulus $s. (Land of the Free)
The 1st filter is probably original and from a car with 185k miles on it. Not sure
of year make or model (busy). Looks like Mitsubishi.
The 2nd.... no clue either but it's seen better days, no doubt. Looks like old Toyota.
A Cabin filter Hall Of Fame should be a sticky in this forum.
Gotta go blow some engines.
Enjoy
Blow em out and get another year out of them.LOL

There is a product in aerosol form that you spray inside the intake air while having it on recirculate mode: No fresh air.
The better way is to use the foaming ac cleaner I just did my car with a can of Nextzett Klima Cleaner. No perfume smell, just gnarly water/cleaner dripping out of the a/c drain. I highly recommend it especially if your car smells funky when you turn the a/c on.

Ok , so if you NEVER set your air to " Fresh " or " Outside " or whatever your vehicle calls it , then you will never get leaves and acorns and Pine needles , etc. in your filter right ? You WILL pick up whatever crud is floating around in the floor mats I guess . Am I right or wrong ?
Yes, debris falls in thru the cowl grill. Eventhough you have the setting set to recirculate the vehicle draws in outside air just not as much

What kind of reactions do you get from customers?
Some will ask that I clean it for them and put it back.
Many will tell me they have one at home, they just need to put it in.
The one above might need to be carbon dated and forensically investigated.
It may provide clues as to the whereabouts of the Holy Grail.
Merry Christmas!

Some will ask that I clean it for them and put it back.
Many will tell me they have one at home, they just need to put it in.
The one above might need to be carbon dated and forensically investigated.
It may provide clues as to the whereabouts of the Holy Grail.
Merry Christmas!
I imagine most consumers have never even heard of a cabin filter so unless a repair shop mentions it the filter never gets changed. Vehicles that have a hard to change cabin filter that might require more labor will never be changed unless there is a drastic reduction in air flow.

My mom takes her Chevy Cruze in for service at the dealer all the time.

They said she should replace her cabin filter, the car has about 70k miles on it.

Mom says "why would i replace the filter, I don't even use the AC in this car, I just open the windows".

I had to have a chuckle. She lives in NY btw
My Dad (RIP) had a 2008 Honda Fit and never used the AC (lived in Central CA) until my wife was in the backseat and had to instruct him how to use it. Until then, he was like your Mom, relied on the windows being down.

Back