Cabin Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, after seeing what my CAF looks like after 15k miles (the recommended interval), I'm very glad I didn't breathe all that crap into my lungs. I used to drive with the windows down as much as possible. These days, I take advantage of the filter and use the vents/AC almost exclusively.

I agree. I think CAFs are a good thing -- I just wouldn't want to replace one every 5K miles. On that note, I'm glad I bought the Neon instead of the Forenza (I looked at both when buying).

"Check the halogen in the headlamps, sir?"

Ya' know, they are now getting rid of the swings and the teeter-totters and the merry-go-rounds at the parks and schoolyards, too... Just TOO dangerous for the poor, innocent little potential victims, nowdays! $70K for "proper" design and construction of "recreational apparatus".

Bad AIR! Too much SUN! Violent unsupervised activities (that we used to refer to as "kids playing outside") where all the little dears are not equally diverse in their abilities and may feel discriminated against!

Dirt through the "cabin" vents in a car...

IN your case, Norm, I think fresh air is definitely needed...
rolleyes.gif

TP, my car is an '00 model and came with it. This is one of the first vehicles I've heard about with this feature, although I'm sure there were vehicles prior to mine. Check the maintenance schedule in your manual. If you have one, it should be mentioned there.

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:

quote:

IN your case, Norm, I think fresh air is definitely needed..

Nah, Norm's right. The boomer gen has raised a lot of wussy, unbalanced kids..

Thank the Gawds enough fine ones were raised for the military.
patriot.gif

I don't think wanting clean air in one's car constitutes being raised wrong or any other disorder, but hey, if that's your take, good atcha.

I use an activated carbon cabin filter in my Audi. In addition to trapping pollen, soot and other contaminants, it also helps reduce odors coming into the cabin.

What about those odors CREATED in the "cabin"?

Is there a filter for those? A (n activated charcoal) cushion, perhaps?

Cheers!

p.s. Seriously, not to hijack this thread, but has anyone cleaned out their dash vents, lately? I bet I used 100 Q-Tips, needle-nosed pliers, etc.

I couldn't believe the stuff I dug out, mostly just plain old dirt/dust, but caked on.

MUCH fresher, now!

Since when have the companies been putting CAFs in? I don't even know if I have one or where it is it I do. Oh well, I usually drive with the window open so it probably doesn't matter.
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:

quote:

What about those odors CREATED in the "cabin"?

Install a venting tube in your seat.

Most luxury cars now come with cooled seats. Air is blown through perforations in the leather seats. Perhaps someone can simply reverse the airflow and direct it out of the cabin. I think I'd buy that feature. Perhaps it could be integrated with a heat sensor in the seat to automatically detect any expulsions and remove them before anyone notices.

What amazes me is how much dirtier my cabin filter is than the engine's air filter!
I'm almost ready to replace my second cabin filter this year and my engine filter is still pretty clean?

Odd.

Uh, "...integrated with a heat sensor (????) in the seat to automatically detext any EXPULSIONS (!!!) and remove them before anyone notices..."?

The kinda' guys I hang around with would immediately re-wire this to automatically roll UP all the windows and child-lock the doors!

Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
Most luxury cars now come with cooled seats. Air is blown through perforations in the leather seats. Perhaps someone can simply reverse the airflow and direct it out of the cabin. I think I'd buy that feature. Perhaps it could be integrated with a heat sensor in the seat to automatically detect any expulsions and remove them before anyone notices.

And a microphone so the sound system could generate an out of phase replica to cancel any offending extraneous noises. There would be different settings from Polite-Offensive, to suit everyone's taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back