C0265 won't show as a hard fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
For some reason I keep getting a pending C0265 code once in a while and I would clear the code to make sure it was not a fluke (checked and cleaned the grounds per the TSB.) Then maybe after a couple months I would plug in my scanner and the C0265 would show pending but would not light up the ABS light showing as a hard fault. I've considered replacing the ABS control module but was wondering if other issues would correlate to that code.

That code has pages of info on youtube and gmtruckclub. You could also get circuit info on bbbind.com . it still sounds like you have a bad solder or ground connection.

There is a well-known problem with bad solder joints on the circuit board inside Kelsey-Hayes EBCM modules. The C0265 code will eventually result in an ABS light. One of the circuit board faults can cause the ABS pump motor to run continuously and burn it out, so don't ignore this problem. Replacing the module with a new one is expensive. There are several companies that will repair them for a reasonable cost if you can do without the use of your vehicle for a week or so. If you are handy and know how to solder, there are several Youtube videos that outline a DYI fix for this problem. This is a good one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo76ylqgUR8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back