C&P - 4 filters (Valvoline IOC, Champion, Fram Ultra, Generic Hastings)

You can NOT seriously, after all this time - - -
*blindly* believe that the ADBV:
1) always works,
2) all the time , & in
3) 100% of all filters made - that are equipped with such a feature?

Don't be so naïve - - - - -

Auto engineers are not - - that is why it isn't "depended upon" for any critical function.
AT MOST - - it is a luxury - - and NOTHING more.
If it works / functions 100% - then yay, happy days.

How often do they operate 100% of the time?
Well - - I'll never put any real money on it.
You're changing the discussion and going in the weeds. Show me where I "blindly" claimed all ADBVs work 100% of the time. Most of them do, some don't ... but overall they work. If they didn't, they wouldn't even be on oil filters.

It seems like you don't really understand the purpose of the ADBV, and that you believe it's only to keep oil in only the oil filter (post #15 - "At BEST - - the valve is there to keep the filter from draining dry....") - wrong. Seems the ABDV is as misunderstood as PD oil pumps and oiling systems.

Last edited:
You should choose your words more carefully,
as your post fully insinuates that "all ADBV's work all the time", and also
that "auto engineers have considered it to be functional 100% of the time when they design their engines".

None of which (either one) is a true statement.

You should choose your words more carefully,
as your post fully insinuates that "all ADBV's work all the time", and also
that "auto engineers have considered it to be functional 100% of the time when they design their engines".

None of which (either one) is a true statement.
You might try to comprehend written words better and stop reading between the lines and making stuff up. Never said what you "claim". "Fully insinuates" ... just another term for you not comprehending correctly. Go read it a few more times.

Last edited:
The ADBV will prevent all oil above the filter from draining down ...

^^ False information, verbatim ^^

It cannot be interpreted any other way.
You words, not mine..

In a perfect world, yes.
In real life? Yes, Sometimes they work....
ADBV are "often" or "usually" successful at preventing oil drian back.... but NOT "always"...

How's that for reading comprehension?

^^ False information, verbatim ^^

It cannot be interpreted any other way.
You words, not mine..

In a perfect world, yes.
In real life? Yes, Sometimes they work....
ADBV are "often" or "usually" successful at preventing oil drian back.... but NOT "always"...

How's that for reading comprehension?
Your reading comprehension and "interpretation" completely sucks, because I never used the word "always", or even implied it. You are making things up once again. I've explained and clarified many times, but you keep coming back and making yourself look bad, like you can't understand anything.

I've never made the claim that they "always" work - that's something you've fabricated. I said they usually work, more than not - read my posts again.

Do you really believe that the ADBV is there to prevent oil from draining out only from the oil filter? Your post #15: "At BEST - - the valve is there to keep the filter from draining dry....". You don't believe any oil above the filter can drain out of the system? That was basically one of my main points.

Last edited:
You must be an incredibly joyful person to be around in real life.
LoL, you're the one all bent out of shape about ADBVs and seems like you have some kind of "trigger issue" about them. Plus you can't really grasp simple written concepts. I never claimed every ADBV in the world works 100% perfect ... only YOU have mistakenly latched on to that for some odd reason. Should remove those obtuse reading glasses and lighten up. :geek:;)

Last edited:
Back