bypass valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much when it comes to oil and filters,so here are my questions.
Is an oil filter with a 20 psi bypass filter going to give me better start up protection than say a filter with 14 psi bypass filter?

The Teck2000 5w20 sold at W-Mart stores here is three times the price for a 20 litre drum of 10w30 oil. Am I to conclude that the 5w20 oil is a syn blend?

quote:

Is an oil filter with a 20 psi bypass filter going to give me better start up protection than say a filter with 14 psi bypass filter?

Depending on the oil and the temp ...you could easily have a 20 psi drop across the filter. But your oil flow, assuming that you don't exceed the oil pump's internal relief pressure, will stay the same ..with either filter.
quote:

The Teck2000 5w20 sold at W-Mart stores here is three times the price for a 20 litre drum of 10w30 oil. Am I to conclude that the 5w20 oil is a syn blend?

I don't know ...but it seems like a reasonable assumption. Oddly, here in the US ..MotorCraft 5w-20 is only about $0.30-0.40 more a quart. It is a synth blend. Wait a minute ..I don't think that there is a dino 5w-20 available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back