Buying House on 1.1 Acres. Need Zero-Turn Lawnmower and Weedeater/Blower Recommendations.

That video of your property, looks big for a 42 inch cut. I'd be looking at 60.
I have a 50, and next mower will be a 60.

Spend less time sitting on the mower.
I'd probably look at a 48, except for the fact that the back gate is only 48" wide, and I don't really want to widen it.

I also like the fact that a 42" is very maneuverable around trees, which I will have several of, and won't take up too much storage space.

I think the carburetor will stay cleaner for longer.
I have a model year 2000 Husky string trimmer that has run pump gas and a 2011 larger model string trimmer is bought to do 2 acres of hillside faster that the lighter Husky on my old property for fire protection and a 13 horse power pressure washer model year 2003 , 2) 2011 Honda mowers with one being used regularly and the other one an extra that is rarely used any more and two Honda engined wheel line sprinklers that run pump gas and generators and a pressure washer that run pump gas with out any problems . With an acre of work to do the machines will be run.

I'd probably look at a 48, except for the fact that the back gate is only 48" wide, and I don't really want to widen it.

I also like the fact that a 42" is very maneuverable around trees, which I will have several of, and won't take up too much storage space.
You have an acre to store the mower on.

Well, this progressed a bit quicker than I expected -

Today I settled on a Gravely ZT XL 42”.

At a list price of $5368, a bit more than what I’d set out to spend.

But through my (fairly brief) research, it was the least-expensive machine that had the features I wanted (fully fabricated deck, Kawasaki 44 cu in. engine, 3 blades, ZT-2800 serviceable transaxles).

Turns out a local Nashville equipment dealer, Chilton’s Turf Center, had one in stock, and agreed to sell it for $5000 OTD (About $770 off MSRP).

What’s the old saying? Buy once, cry once?

And they agreed to keep it on the showroom floor for me until we move.

Figure this‘ll last me 20 years!

I went ahead and wrote a check.

Now for a string trimmer and a blower.
66A04B03-3D18-4D07-A371-AE03A88C87C0.jpeg
03B038D6-4EC7-4DF3-9B31-8F5BD1CB99DE.jpeg

Nice purchase, John. As for the blower, with 1.1 acres of land, you'd better be looking at backpack blowers, not handheld units. If any of your nearby OPE dealers carry them, nothing is more durable than a RedMax blower. I have a 9 year old EBZ 7100 that runs like the day I bought it and it gets used a LOT! RedMax is commercial grade equipment now owned by the Husqvarna group, but previously owned by Kamatsu-Zenoah of Japan. Not sure how sturdy a string trimmer you need, but the Shindaiwa units are excellent. If you don't need to use a brushcutter blade or full commercial grade, the Echo SRM-225 is a nice unit for $230 as stated by others.

RedMax Dealers in TENN.

But through my (fairly brief) research, it was the least-expensive machine that had the features I wanted (fully fabricated deck, Kawasaki 44 cu in. engine, 3 blades, ZT-2800 serviceable transaxles).

Turns out a local Nashville equipment dealer, Chilton’s Turf Center, had one in stock, and agreed to sell it for $5000 OTD (About $770 off MSRP).

Now for a string trimmer and a blower.
Very nice machine, you won't be disappointed. As for trimmer and blower, I'd go Echo for the buy once cry once option, or Husqvarna.

And just like that we’re full circle to the first day I posted a light duty SCAG (and ripped for it) with a identical build list huh Imagine that that 18Fan ain’t so stupid after all.

Now for a string trimmer and a blower.View attachment 116753View attachment 116755
Does yours have the external oil reservoirs for the ZT-2800’s? That’s the only thing I wish mine had.

And just like that we’re full circle to the first day I posted a light duty SCAG (and ripped for it) with a identical build list huh Imagine that that 18Fan ain’t so stupid after all.
I love Scag.

My grandparents had a mid-80s Scag 3-wheeler zero-turn. Awesome lawnmower. Fantastic cut.

But the Liberty Z 42” has the Briggs or Kohler engines only.

You have to get up into the 52” deck to get the Kawi 44 cu in. engine like I got on the Gravely.

Does yours have the external oil reservoirs for the ZT-2800’s? That’s the only thing I wish mine had.
Not sure?

Would the website tell?

Whats the advantage?

Well since you are still looking for a trimmer I can say I just bought a Husqvarna 525lst trimmer about two months ago. I've always used Stihl and Echo, but I absolutely love this Husky. Super power and light weight. It is lighter than any of my older and less powerful Sthils and Echo.

Husqvarna 525lst

Looks like your choice of the Gravely is an excellent one. I wanted a zero turn when I bought two years ago, but my property is so hilly that it just didn't make sense. Went with a traditional John Deere X580 tractor and absolutely love it. Good luck with the new house.

They’re just external expansion tanks for the hydros, makes it easier to see if the oil is at the correct level. Mine doesn’t have them, wasn’t sure if Cub just specced theirs without them or if hydro gear did away with them totally.

And I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but I absolutely LOVE my Husqvarna 525L trimmer. Safety glasses are a must with it though.

Now for a string trimmer and a blower.View attachment 116753View attachment 116755
Nice! The Kawasaki engine has been great on my Toro. Fr651-v. Been running mine on 15w40.

Good looking mower. Enjoy it!

One word of caution though, having burned up a Kawasaki FR series engine by the 300 hour mark, my recommendation is to go with the thickest oil recommended by the manual. In this engine’s case, stick with 20W-50 for temps above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. https://www.kawasakienginesusa.com/...uals/99920-2289-01_fr651v-691v-730v_en_es.pdf

Btw, unless they have changed the oil filter mount, you can use a fram ultra 3614 or the longer 3600. That's what I run on mine.

They’re just external expansion tanks for the hydros, makes it easier to see if the oil is at the correct level. Mine doesn’t have them, wasn’t sure if Cub just specced theirs without them or if hydro gear did away with them totally.

And I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but I absolutely LOVE my Husqvarna 525L trimmer. Safety glasses are a must with it though.
I’d have to look but I think it does have those.

Back