Buying Cabin Air Filters

My car has "auto recirc" which appeared to work just fine.
The sensor is a generic part used by Volvo and VW and possibly others.
I think the chemistry of my sensor, at 15 years, is wearing out as I get stronger whiffs more often.

Ive been buying the house brand of cabin air filters at Oreilly. Probably not the cheapest but have been happy with the quality. MicroGard is their name, just the particulate ones, without the carbon.

I get cheapies off ebay but they are also a great "while I'm already here" rockauto buy.

Got mine at Amazon x 4 car's no specific brand more on good review,fits and price.Replace them once a year or if needed.

I just changed CF in wife’s ES350 today. Bought a Bosch HEPA from AAP using Mem Day sale code and I didnt really need enough from RA for free shipping. That was kinda a mistake. When I pulled the old one out, it was dirty but not Hall of Shame bad, but it was a Mahle German made and the Bosch was way more flimsy. Wont do that again.

1654206764120.jpg
I use these in my cabin. My cabin is my home. :LOL:

been buying EPAuto charcoal CAFs from Amazon for a few years now, they work well and don't break the bank. I'm a fan of RockAuto but their shipping can be steep when only purchasing a few items.

+1 on the Potauto brand from Amazon. Recently bought one for son's car. $7.81 - flows well and very made. This is coming from someone that always buys oem air filters. This is just a leaf and pollen catcher you are buying.

Most of us know that cabin air filters are not cheap. Where are the best places to buy your CAFs? Are there any preferred brands that are reasonably priced?
Oddly, my wife has a GM SUV and they are over $22 which stinks....I bit the bullet and actually got a $3.50 rebate on a total of 2. If I had enough things to order, I'd get the mid grade AC Delco from rock auto (there is shipping so need to order more to spread it out). The OE is just as expensive, but they have the mid grade which might be the same filter in a different package (Professional as opposed to OE) for $6 less. So rock auto to answer your question. My japanese car they're like $8 for OEM, Denso. OE probably more but again they could be the same just in a different package. I do find American cars strange sometimes where we would think parts are less than Japanese or German, but they are quite often more.

Back