Buying Cabin Air Filters

Most of us know that cabin air filters are not cheap. Where are the best places to buy your CAFs? Are there any preferred brands that are reasonably priced?

Most of us know that cabin air filters are not cheap. Where are the best places to buy your CAFs? Are there any preferred brands that are reasonably priced?
Amazon. EP Auto has never failed me.

Those "Fancy" filters have been disappointing in their restriction in air flow when new and especially when they are plugged up.

Amazon. EP Auto has never failed me.

Those "Fancy" filters have been disappointing in their restriction in air flow when new and especially when they are plugged up.
This is good information. I like to go with filters that are close to or equal to OEM cabin air filters.

Recently purchased the least expensive (no charcoal) CAF I could find on Amazon. It was/is a Potauto brand CAF, purchased for a neighbor's 7th gen Civic. Fit and pleating, excellent. So funny name, but quality seemed fine.

When it comes to CAFs, I'm plain filter type guy. Basically, equivalent to the OEM.

The LS400 is the only vehicle I own that uses a cabin filter. I buy Denso charcoal filters from RA. Charcoal because the Lexus has an "auto" setting on the inside/outside air button that senses exhaust fumes and will automatically switch from outside air to inside.

TBH, I don't even know if this auto function even works.

For your Tiguan check out FCPEuro - great selection of wiper blades too. Only bad is $49 minimum for free shipping.

They have a lifetime replacement warranty so after you buy your 2nd set you send back the old ones and they refund your 2nd set, so on so forth. So basically it's the cost of the first set then after its the return shipping cost to send back the old. I have not used that policy yet as I am still on my first set of blades and filters with them but will try it out in October.

For your Tiguan check out FCPEuro - great selection of wiper blades too. Only bad is $49 minimum for free shipping.

They have a lifetime replacement warranty so after you buy your 2nd set you send back the old ones and they refund your 2nd set, so on so forth. So basically it's the cost of the first set then after its the return shipping cost to send back the old. I have not used that policy yet as I am still on my first set of blades and filters with them but will try it out in October.
I got my last oil change kit from FCP Euro. They have very reasonable prices. I bought the last cabin air filter and engine air filter from my local NAPA. The front wiper blades from my local Ford dealership. The rear wiper blade came from the Columbus VW dealer. I’m not doing that again. I will definitely check FCP’s prices for wiper blades and filters.

The LS400 is the only vehicle I own that uses a cabin filter. I buy Denso charcoal filters from RA. Charcoal because the Lexus has an "auto" setting on the inside/outside air button that senses exhaust fumes and will automatically switch from outside air to inside.

TBH, I don't even know if this auto function even works.

I’ve never heard of that. If you don’t smell exhaust then it must be doing the job. I wonder how it detects exhaust fumes?

Does it work on other smells like following a rendering truck or driving past a field where they are spraying “liquid gold”?

When I was driving a Toyota I made my own from a pleated furnace filter and tin snips. They worked fine and were so cheap I didn’t mind changing them often.

I've had a heck of a time finding CAFs for my 2016 Kia Optima. So I get mine at the dealer. The first time I went to the dealer I tipped the parts guys 10 bucks because he gave me a bunch of crush washers for the oil drain plug, so now I get a discount, which makes the OEM stuff amst the same price as the A/M filters.

I’ve never heard of that. If you don’t smell exhaust then it must be doing the job. I wonder how it detects exhaust fumes?

Does it work on other smells like following a rendering truck or driving past a field where they are spraying “liquid gold”?

There's an exhaust sensor behind the grill...someplace. I've never looked for it. This switch toggles between Inside / Outside / Outside + Auto. The "auto" turns on the exhaust sensor.

20220208_095655_resized_annotated.jpg

Back