Bulls take the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed 100% Tempest. If only more people actually held the Gubment accountable to the scope of that brilliantly framed document- sigh!!!!

On another note the auto/government situation kind of reminds me of an endangered species relocation gone bad. Due to evolutionary factors and/or human greed a species is endangered. Someone steps in and spends immense amounts of resources to move the poor fuzzy thing out of harms way. The media covers the story relentlessly and just as the cameras shut off portraying the happy ending with said fuzzy creature running off into the woods a predator sees a new treat and eats the lil' mofo! In the end nature wins and all efforts to take away "pain" are purely wasteful and cause pain to others that had no stake in the situation in the first place.

There's a reason secured creditors make less on their investments than those that provide unsecured credit.

Risk. Back in the old days - before we had the government running car companies and the banks, it was understood that secured creditors would be paid first if a company failed. That's why their debt was considered secured.

That was understood because that's the law. Or it was back in the old days when the law wasn't made by only the executive branch...

Isn't it interesting how they say they want lending to increase, but are now in the process of destroying the contractual structure of how it happens?

Of course with gov. in control of the banks, those decreed by gov. to have a need will get the money they want.

Quote:
Isn't it interesting how they say they want lending to increase, but are now in the process of destroying the contractual structure of how it happens?

You didn't seem to mind when this witches brew was being cooked, Tempest. The last 10 years were a recipe for disaster. Well disaster is here.

You were silent then ..and now you're heckling from the cheap seats.

Quote:
Business Insider reports that more than one Chrysler senior creditor has corroborated Thomas Lauria’s allegation that the xxxxx administration threatened them with public attacks if they didn’t surrender their contractual rights. One of their sources says that the xxxxx team comprises some of the worst “ends justify the means” people he’s ever encountered (via HA reader Geoff A):

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-allegations-of-white-house-threats-over-chysler-2009-5

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/05/lauria-allegations-of-threats-corroborated/

Quote:
They have been vilified on message boards and called greedy speculators, criminals and vultures. ------ says he "does not stand with them." They have received death threats. They're the hedge funds opposed to the Chrysler reorganization, and they're desperately trying to keep their identities secret to all but the federal bankruptcy court judge overseeing the case.

In court documents Tuesday, attorneys for the so-called "non-TARP" creditors, who own $300 million of secured debt, said intensifying pressure and name calling by the government threatened to harm them if their identities became public.

"The Chrysler non-TARP lenders are afraid," the court documents say. They cannot argue against the proposed bankruptcy "if that means being subjected to heavy-handed tactics that will threaten their business and safety."

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/05/chrysler-bankruptcy-tarp-business-autos-chrysler.html

Good. I'm glad they're afraid. Getting taken to the cleaners by thieves should be a crime punishable by public execution with violation of the remains posthumous.

I'd have a long list to purge. I love to see the gated community sweat. It may make them rethink their life.

So people who buy bonds are now thieves? They deserve execution?

Purges? Making people sweat because they have a tad more money (or not) than you?

Gary - you are in worse condition than I thought. In fact, if you really love communism as much as you profess publicly, perhaps you should move.

You sicken me.

I'm managed to miss the last 3 economic fads for the benefit of Wall St & Co. I was too late for what lead up to the S&L Crisis ..just in time to pay for it without offsetting gains. Then the next shake down, where everyone's pension money went into the market to get their piece of the stock market ..and the crash, I was in a defined benefit plan and held too little stock. On this latest scam, I managed not to deplete my home equity like the rest of humanity.

Who always ended up on top for all of these shake downs? The financiers.

I guess if you're not willing to be shaken down and fleeced ..you want communism. Right.

Wow these guys don't play around...I think the folks in the administration used to work waste management jobs in Jersey :). That thing...with the Chrysler guys...its done boss-DONE!

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

I guess if you're not willing to be shaken down and fleeced ..you want communism. Right.

Not what I said at all. You said legitimate bond holders, be they union pension funds, be they middle income folks, non law breakers, honest people, should be purged and killed.

I want you to explain this to us properly. Not with your idiotic "whoa be the downtrodden and I REALLY care", daily spew.

There's going to be plenty of whining about the things that occur. IT IS GOING TO BE A MESS. IT IS GOING TO BE A FIASCO. IT IS GOING TO BE "BAD".

Now you can whine about what is occurring, or you can blame the thieving clowns that enabled this type of management to get the reigns and do its nasty.

You had what you wished for. Now pay the piper and stop whining like babies.

If you want someone(s) to blame, the most likely suspects are the ones that came out with the most benefit.

The financiers make Michael Milken look like a shoplifter in comparison. This would be a capital crime in Gary's World. Make a living example of socially criminal behavior that results in harm to your nation, you pay with your life.

Let the mob decide.

Destroying lives through economics is more cruel, wouldn't you say?

How would you like to ponder life as a really poor person without a purpose? Wouldn't that be a fate worse than death for you, Pablo?

Now do that to millions while you grabbed at the community plate of bacon.

Don't you feel better? Good. Get your fill and enjoy.

Lives have always been destroyed through economics. Most were always serfs to the manor... slavery is only illegal on the books... Most are still slaves to something, no matter how much they would like not to be.

I do not think that you can equate the serf that tried to make a good decision and save/own/profit to the "master" who fattened himself at the serfs' expense... At that point, there is just a normal distribution to how much the serfs paid/lost... sucks to be on the tail end, but life is unfair, right?

There is a difference.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Destroying lives through economics is more cruel, wouldn't you say?

Regardless of the system there will be people who are on the short end. But equating that with purging groups of people and killing them is morally reprehensible and you will never be able to justify such a statement. If, in your heart you truly believe this you are sick and twisted. You are free to think that way, but don't pretend you can change the world to your system of liking without very correct opposition. It's been tried...and it has failed.

Focus and milk my (mostly) rhetorical statement for what it's worth, Pablo.

In case you didn't notice, those on the short end were the a whole lot more of the population in all the other shake down fads.

You call me a commie ..you whine about the aftermath of excess and greed ..blaming the aftermath for the disaster.

Take your medicine like a big boy.

I need none of your putrid medicine, for I did nothing wrong. I certainly don't call for killing off certain "classes" of people. Been tried. Didn't work. Now you've had your 100 days of rebound effect, you must be feeling your oats! Killing people here, threatening people there, banning people over there. Oh this is indeed some sour medicine. And what is the goal? That same stuff that hasn't worked, won't work and is doomed to fail.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/16-banned-from-britain-named-and-shamed-1679127.html

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97127

Stoning/branding people is one thing...wasting bullets, gas...etc. ending things is a whole other form of muda. Gary make no mistake about it the Karma train is coming for the truly evil folks- always remember the famous words, "let them eat cake".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back