Bulls take the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Constitution, Founding Fathers and the Federalist Papers are not "real world views"?
54.gif

Yes ..they are. But they are not YOURS ...which is what I've repeatedly asked for. You surely have some idea about it ..or so I would hope. I really doubt that there was a sign hung up somewhere saying "Totally void of views people sign up here" ..and you applied.

So, tell us what would be different under King Tempest the enforcer of the Constitution. I have my image in mind ..but let's not let my prejudice have a voice here. Let's hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks for the insightful depiction of life as it should be according to Tempest's vision of the Constitutional Society.

I'd say the immediate changes

All SS payments stopped.

All public systems ceased.

No public schools ..no public libraries ..no public roads ...no public parks. Bankruptcy would no longer be in the dictionary except as a historical reference. Eternal indentured servitude would replace this. Abolition of all public standards for sanitation, working conditions, buildings, wages, product safety, ..etc...etc.

What WILL be fully endorsed and supported on the public dole are Police/Military/Prisons

That about it?

Quote:
“I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

Surly, the person that stated this must be evil incarnate, eh Gary?

The Welfare reform of 1996 demonstrate this point well.
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/cus...&accno=ED478278

As to parks and such:
Quote:
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government
are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are
numerous and indefinite."

--James Madison, Federalist No. 45

More rhetorical parroting. Give us the REAL descriptive version of Tempest's reforms. Aren't you gonna express some minor delight in "kicking (fill in the blank) to the curb"?? Come on, pal ..let's be honest here
grin2.gif

The thing you need to be aware of is how someone like Michael Moore gets an audience. You may recall that he came into the limelight during our last borrow and spend/tax cut/purge social technical correction.

Be careful of what you do in attempting to put forth your agenda.

As I've said before. It's the small victories that make losing a war so worthwhile.

What is the question/debate about now? I'm lost.

If it's the role and size/scope of gov., it varies. Right now most americans appear want more gov., not less. Whether that is best or not all depends.

There is no absolute best system, although I would much rather have complete free markets and true full out capitalism. Getting to that point won't happen until we currently fail. We will most likely always hover the middle/drift left & right time to time. Gov. intervention can be a good thing in some cases, not in others.

I think we are simply beyond, or close to beyond, the point where gov. can't help at all. It may only make things completely worse for the majority of the population. Time will tell.

Quote:
What is the question/debate about now? I'm lost.

You are not the only one. I have no idea what Gary is after.

I'll spell it out in little words one more time.

A description of life in Tempestopia. So far, all you provide are links.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
Just think , less consumption , less at the pump .

That's worked really well with utility prices and gas taxes....
smirk2.gif

Taxes would sway those to rethink purchasing a larger vehilce . If gas prices were lower due to less demand then gas could still be reasonable with taxes applied . Sorry to say taxes are the only alternative to fix these poor road conditions and failing bridges . Gotta take it for what it is .

You miss the point. As people have used less gas and utilities, they have had to increase the tax RATE due to reduced sales.

Oil is subject to supply and demand. The suppliers will keep the amount of oil on the market that yields them the greatest profit (like any supplier). If times are good they can charge higher rates, if times are bad lower. "Conserving" gas does NOT guaranty low prices.

Quote:
Sorry to say taxes are the only alternative to fix these poor road conditions and failing bridges . Gotta take it for what it is .

Should make you wonder why we have failing bridges and roads when we have been paying those taxes all along....

Originally Posted By: Tempest

Should make you wonder why we have failing bridges and roads when we have been paying those taxes all along....

Cause they don't use the money from gas taxes, car registration, etc. on roads!
mad.gif
Instead, they spend it on useless garbage projects at every level of government.

Exactly. And when we buy less gas, they then raise the tax rate so they can get the same revenue from us...to waste on non-road programs.

you know you gotta point there , more the money , the more the waste . Just like this administration boasting no more waste . Then they do a photo shoot of AIRFORCE 1 in NEW YORK CITY that costs over 1/3 of a million dollars . Not including all the panic it caused and the tax payers money that was needed to calm frayed nerves . It's all bullcr*p . That's putting it mildly .

Last edited:
Folks as I said before...fight for your constitutional rights and settle for nothing less than that. The rest of the free market continues because of the belief in the folding printed green document that is backed by N O T H I N G. I personally exchange the little foldies for real property at discount any chance that I get. Just wait until the Fed is audited and the world will be upside down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back