Bulls take the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe CHINA will audit the U.S. of A.. Then raise their rate to 20 something percent like the credit card companies . Picture that . Ouch !

Ok...yes that is what I said previously. Sorry Smokey1 I don't follow. There IS a bill in front of the house right now to audit the federal reserve and try to understand what the true deficit is- which by the way will show how much the dollar really is worth. I expect that the end result of such an exercise will truly [censored] off our bankrolling friends to the East (i.e. the Chinese) and life will not be good. In the end I am happy that I have "stuff" as well as foldies and electronic credits that may become meaningless. By being diversified I have protected my "stuff" in the event that things go under. All of you should question what the economy truly is based on? I did some rough math and I'm not too bad at math and nothing adds up to everyone wins.

heck , the CHINESE people are swooping up real estate here like it's BLACK FRIDAY at WAL-MART .

referring to the deficit and how much is funded by CHINA . If that's what you referring to what I meant .

L.O.L. . Not really , it takes food ( is money ) to create that annoyance . That's another whole topic . ;- )

Originally Posted By: smokey1
the BULLS are making a run for the money on oil and gas as we speak . Part is due to the less than expected job loss . Don't these people realise their greed hurts the economy with higher fuel prices ? So , here we go again . Wake up people , start buying smaller vehicles to help the economy and the AMERICAN car manufacturers when they begin to produce more of them . Found out my cousin traded in his pickup and S.U.V. for smaller cars because of last year's high gas prices ( possibly an YARIS sedan ) . FORD C.E.O. said earlier in his words that the AMERICAN consumers need to apply fuel efficiency as well . It's a beginning . Just think , less consumption , less at the pump . If more drove smaller vehicles gas could be $1.50 or less . The more to help pay credit card debt , home loans , car loans , etc.. Thus , fewer bankruptcies and defaulting on payments that hurt those who do pay their dues on time , because of higher rates to make up for loss by banks . What comes around , goes around . We all have an impact on other individuals with our actions .

Wow, pretty short sighted view there.

Nope . Long sighted . Oil is rising as we insult one another . This is one of the reasons for this financial fiasco . Even if it gains momentum , it'll fall flat on its face harder next time around .

Last edited:
Nope . Long sighted . Oil is rising as we insult one another .

LOL.gif
Let's see if there's a cause and effect relationship here. Maybe a group hug will send it down. How about a round of Kumbaya?

Good one, smokey1
55.gif

D189379 , tell this to those who'll lose their jobs due to the downfall of the great S.U.V.and larger vehicles . http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2009/05/04/daily46.html . This doesn't include CHRYSLER release of dealerships to close . This impacts the restaurants and all other businesses in their community . The SHORT SIGHTED VIEW of greed has worked wonders for many thus far .

Last edited:
smokey1- sustainable economies are viewed as a loss of potential revenue NOW. It's a trap that we're never going to escape from willingly. That's why this falsely protracted quench is resulting in an equally severe purge. The only good news is that we managed to drag the whole globe into the same cesspool of loss ..if you can call that good news.

We're still in the driver's seat, and on/in the top/center, of the manure pile. I hope that the Einsteins at the helm keep pulling these odd rabbits out of a hat ...and at some time, I hope that they manage to look down upon the rabble and their plight.

Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={AFA2506F-9DAD-4D32-953F-B79E9724A68C}&siteid=yhoof2

So naive.

The media is full of these opinions and it's become the administration mantra too. For a while I though they were just naive but now I'm starting to think they're outright lying in an attempt to make it be so. As if opinion and just getting consumer confidence up is all that's needed to fix everything.

Good luck on that is all I can say.
LOL.gif

D189379 , tell this to those who'll lose their jobs due to the downfall of the great S.U.V.and larger vehicles . http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2009/05/04/daily46.html . This doesn't include CHRYSLER release of dealerships to close . This impacts the restaurants and all other businesses in their community . The SHORT SIGHTED VIEW of greed has worked wonders for many thus far .

The SUV hasn't killed the world auto industry. It'll be down over a third this year from last. Toyota sure didn't make their sales numbers with large vehicles and the last numbers I saw said their sales this year might be down 40%.

The next time you think oil prices are spiking you might check other commodities. Unless we're running out of everything simultaneously there's a good chance that it's not demand at all that's driving the prices but speculation. See 2008 for details.

One other thing we'll probably be seeing too soon. Price increases in certain things not because they're worth more or because of demand, but because our money is worth less thanks to dilution. It's hard to keep loaning out money we don't have and then printing more, and not expect the value of existing money to drop...

Nope . Long sighted . Oil is rising as we insult one another . This is one of the reasons for this financial fiasco . Even if it gains momentum , it'll fall flat on its face harder next time around .

I'm not insulting anyone. But to think that low demand will lead to low prices isn't realistic. Low demand will lead to short term low prices, yes, but it will also lead to $0 spent on exploration and upgrading of infrastucture in the industry.

Now imagine we slowly dwindle our supplies down, suddenly we have no more oil left. We have no new oil reserves and we have no way to get the undiscovered oil to market. The price will spike. Will be in a far bigger mess. Oil prices need to stabilize. Low enough to be affordable, and high enough to make it worthwhile to explore for new oil.

You'd be suprised to see how many projects have been postponed and cancelled because of the low oil prices lately. Oil companies are sitting on their hands waiting for prices to come up to make new projects feasible. Nobody is going to invest billions of dollars with oil sitting below $40 a barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back