Bullet/Bullseye motor oil spotted in NKY (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stopping at a local Shell gas station to get some gas and went in to check to see what kind of products they were carrying and sure enough i found some Bullet and Bullseye motor oil on the shelves. Both of them are on the PQIA warning list and are one of them is known to be used motor oil.

Its worth noting that this used to be a BP gas station and was bought by Shell within the last 6 months. They had on the shelves some older BP logo API SM oil as well as new Formula Shell, VWB, and PYB also.

I spoke with the two people at the cash register, and asked them if they had any control of their stores inventory and they said they order whats available. I told them how they are damaging to engines and referred them to PQIA website.

I didn't catch the price on the Bullet, but the Bullseye is $2.35 a quart.

The large picture is blurry but it just shows you how much inventory that have of this. Shocking 3 rows full of "10w40".

Link to Warnings.

http://pqiablog.com/2013/03/27/pqia-issues-a-consumer-alert-on-bullet-premium-motor-oil/

http://www.pqiamerica.com/bullseye7-2011.htm

Shame that website doesnt make phonecalls to suspect retail locations.That would put the fear in them.Make them bite the BULLET.

Call Shell corporate and inform them that their dealer is selling products that will do serious damage to modern car engines.

My guess is that in a month it will all be gone from the shelves.

Stop in their again later in your travels. Let us know what's up. I would also call and tell Shell what the deal is. That would do it.

You can't really blame the employees.
One must blame the manufacturers of this "oil".

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I'm sure they don't care either way aboit the oil being sold and prolly blew you off as just another loon.
^^^This^^^

Also, calling Shell will be pointless. You'll just get some minimum-wage cubicle-dweller who won't have any idea what you're talking about unless it's in their flow-chart talking points manual.

Meh the people at the register hear people complain all day long. I'm sure they don't care either way aboit the oil being sold and prolly blew you off as just another loon.

Yep...as most of them can't afford FS at 5 bucks a quart anyways...

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Call Shell corporate and inform them that their dealer is selling products that will do serious damage to modern car engines.

Not the first time Shell has been in this position. This article is from March 2011:

"Who can you trust?"

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
^

Also, calling Shell will be pointless. You'll just get some minimum-wage cubicle-dweller who won't have any idea what you're talking about unless it's in their flow-chart talking points manual.

No don't call their 1 800 PR number I mean actually call their executive offices DIRECTLY.

I guess maybe i am just na
Meh the people at the register hear people complain all day long. I'm sure they don't care either way aboit the oil being sold and prolly blew you off as just another loon.

The more i think about it, i am just another loon!

Quote:
Its worth noting that this used to be a BP gas station and was bought by Shell within the last 6 months.
Actually owned by Shell, or an independent owner who just re-branded to Shell?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
How can you tell if it's re branded or not?

From what I understand all corporate Shell's will have a Circle K. Independents store will be a no name or something other than Circle K. I could be wrong, makes sense, but i'm no expert. Also a corporate store will be in much nicer condition than one that is "re-branded"

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Not the first time Shell has been in this position. This article is from March 2011:

"Who can you trust?"

Tom NJ

Wow. Same brands as the write up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back