Buick was too early? Tour X

Mini van would be better even at just two kids. The tourx had plenty of capacity for 4 people but what a good mini van can do for kid hauling is unmatched. Sliding doors > everything else.
You are on it - the sliding doors are key!

A turbo wagon?

Combining car handling with SUV space, while avoiding the abysmal fuel economy of SUVs?

Sounds like a great idea for a car…
My 2008 Passat wagon didn't have SUV space, and worsel fuel economy compared to my SUV (even with AWD), and it sucked down premium gas.

And since the 2006+ Passat 2.0T wagons were FWD only, that means I have put chains on when the law tells me to. VR6 4Motion had abysmal fuel economy.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 133640.jpg

Last edited:
My 2008 Passat wagon didn't have SUV space, and worsel fuel economy compared to my SUV (even with AWD), and it sucked down premium gas.

And since the 2006+ Passat 2.0T wagons were FWD only, that means I have put chains on when the law tells me to. VR6 4Motion had abysmal fuel economy.

View attachment 99275
Let me tell you about poor awd wagon fuel economy...W8 says hold my beer!

I saw a Tour X just last night; it’s a very nice car. My wife and I avoided minivan purgatory by just having one kid; now that we are empty nesters everything in the garage has two doors except for the E84 X1(although the Clubman is a three-door if you want to be a stickler about it).

I’m not a GM fan by any means, but I loved the looks of the Tour X. It’s a shame that wagons aren’t popular here in the USA.
I watched a show called “800 words” and their car was a Holden Commodore wagon, and I fell in love with it. Absolutely beautiful vehicle.
69D2F9EE-92B6-4D76-AB8F-252527BB4EAA.jpeg

One popped up at a dealership here and I happen to need a car. Hoping to get to it before it’s gone. They want $27k for it, which KBB says is a premium.

Back