Buh Bye Rain X

I've been running slightly dilute RV potable antifreeze with great results. You can drink it, sanitize with it too;
and it is not toxic to breath like methanol based products.
But the time to buy was early Summer when WM was blowing it out for 2 bucks a gallon.
No wiper chatter due to the percentage of propylene glycol in the mix.

My father used to run RV antifreeze in the 18 wheeler in the winter for windshield washer fluid. Even the -30F rain-x fluids would freeze up on the truck. But RV antifreeze never froze up on him.

This stuff absolutely rocks!!!

As some have noticed, Rain-X is falling short. On our aircraft fleet, many of our planes have no mechanical method to see through rain, other than velocity. Rain-X has long been a standard product to apply if the windshield OEM rain-repellent (it's a baked on product called surface seal) coating starts to fail, and it lasts 1 or 2 flights.

I tried the Griots glass sealant on my cars and trucks, and whoa man, it works better than anything else I've ever used. So I tried it on one of our older planes. Works like a champ there too. On the F150's, the water starts to flow off the windshield at 35mph. Rain-X was always 40.

While there is no question that the "ceramic" waxes do much the same thing on windshields, they don't hold up anywhere near as long, nor are they anywhere near as effective as the Griots glass sealant.

My brother had a brand new 1975 Corvette that he took very good care of. He would always wax his windows. We took it to the drag strip and the tech person put the liquid shoe polish on it for vehicle identification. The shoe polish would run down the windows. He said I can always notice the cars with waxed windshields. LOL! I think any kind of car wax will work similar to a rain-x. I have used rain x but am not a fan. I still have a container of it in the garage along with my usual stash of car car products.

They used to make a product called glass wax. I used on my car and bathroom mirrors since the mirror wouldn't fog up with it. I haven't seen it in years.

Aqualpel does absolutely nothing...nothing...
There are a lot of fake Aquapel sold on Ebay and Amazon...make sure you are getting authentic product, from a trusted seller. I have used Aquapel on my daily driver BMW here in rainy Seattle, and I can get easily 10 months of use before reapplication is required. I was lucky to get 2 months from RainX. And often with RainX I would get chattering and skipping.

There are a lot of fake Aquapel sold on Ebay and Amazon...make sure you are getting authentic product, from a trusted seller. I have used Aquapel on my daily driver BMW here in rainy Seattle, and I can get easily 10 months of use before reapplication is required. I was lucky to get 2 months from RainX. And often with RainX I would get chattering and skipping.
Then maybe I got one of the fake ones. Is there a sure way to tell you're getting the real thing?

Then maybe I got one of the fake ones. Is there a sure way to tell you're getting the real thing?
Google "Aquapel counterfeit " and see what you come up with. My guess you received a fake esp if purchased from, okay won't say where.

I just bought a new bottle of Rain-X at Wal Mart. I noticed the price went up by a Dollar. That was alright, then I saw
it went from 16 ounces to 12 ounces. What is a better choice? Thank you

I use the washer fluid. I also use put it in small sprayer bottle for other windows. Might give some of the other interesting suggestions here a chance.

Back