Bronco Catastrophic Engine failures

Title:

NHTSA investigating Ford Bronco 'catastrophic engine failure' reports​

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How many actual complaints:

32 official owner complaints were filed and covers 25,538 Broncos built for the 2021 model year with the 2.7-liter turbocharged engine option.
Ford delivered a total of 35,023 Broncos during the 2021 calendar year after it started shipping them in June and has delivered over 46,161 so far in 2022.

Not a reflection on the OP but more so the story.

So many people bought these because they "look cool."
Hopefully Ford fixes any faults for free and the quality gets better soon.
So much for Ford bringing in an ex-Toyota guy to try to bring warranty costs down. Ford seemed to have things under control with Alan Mulally vs. the Jacques Nasser and current Jim Farley era.

Ford still cannot build an engine. Maybe this is another market they should get out of?
Stick to trucks with failing cam phasers. Or behemoths where the first step to engine repair is: 1. Remove cab/bed.

Ford still cannot build an engine. Maybe this is another market they should get out of?
Stick to trucks with failing cam phasers. Or behemoths where the first step to engine repair is: 1. Remove cab/bed.
I have been saying this for a while. The rest of the vehicle is usually pretty good and usually better than its American rivals. However Ford powertrains leave a lot to be desired.

I have been saying this for a while. The rest of the vehicle is usually pretty good and usually better than its American rivals. However Ford powertrains leave a lot to be desired.
It isn't just Ford's powertrains that have problems. For MANY years Ford has had a multitude of electrical system problems. I remember my dad complaining about this back in the 1960s. In my experience I have found that almost anything with a motor, switch, or sensor will eventually fail in a FoMoCo product.

Last edited:
So much for Ford bringing in an ex-Toyota guy to try to bring warranty costs down. Ford seemed to have things under control with Alan Mulally vs. the Jacques Nasser and current Jim Farley era
The worst part of being Ford CEO is dealing with the Ford family.

So much for Ford bringing in an ex-Toyota guy to try to bring warranty costs down. Ford seemed to have things under control with Alan Mulally vs. the Jacques Nasser and current Jim Farley era.

As an ex (new) Jeep guy, it's still better than the last DCX era Jeep I had!

With that said, I'd feel guilty if I bought one without the 7 speed manual.

The Ecoboost in my 2015 Ford Transit was outstanding. So was the transmission. The interior bits and pieces were another story. But overall, it was a great van.

I'll see what the problem is before judging.

As for Jeeps, I've got 3 Wranglers, none of which have been troublesome. The two newest ones have been nearly perfect. The old one is 14.5 years old with 172k on it and runs and drives like new.

Back