Bronco Catastrophic Engine failures

Meanwhile, Honda is touted as having the lowest engine failure rate at 1 in 344 or .29 percent.
Who touts this?
References please!
This is a poor usage of LMGTFY.
You made a statement and I asked you for references to your claim.
It's not my job to Google your alleged references because I have zero insight as to whether the results that my Google search returns are those that you are referring to. You and only you would have that insight. Which is why I have asked for the reference.

Nice try though.
Cheers!!!
🍻

If Ford cared, this wouldn't have happened to begin with.
This is in keeping with their insipid cost-cutting measures.
Exhaust valves I assume. Perfect place to skimp on metallurgy.
Cold-welding of two-piece valves was perfected decades ago. Ford finds a way to muff it. In 2022.
TRW makes one-piece valves for most applications, perhaps Manley too. But that would cost another $30/completeengine unit.
This bad press is more fun.

The worst part of being Ford CEO is dealing with the Ford family.
The worst part of being Ford CEO is trying to get employees who do not give a dam about making a quality product to make a quality product that was designed by engineers who are pressured about (designing a vehicle so every part cost the absolute minimum to make, and or every part that is outsourced comes from the contractor who was awarded the contract because their bid was the lowest), for every part of every vehicle made, and to get them out the door in as high a number as possible as quick as possible, and sell the sizzle of the stake while making excuses for how bad it taste, all while being pressured to produce vehicles that appeal to the public in appearance so sales projections drive stock prices up.

There, I fixed it for you.

It’s hard to get anything worth a crap in the post Vid era.
My 2020 F-150 has only had one issue. That was a warped dash. That was fixed and I put a Cover Craft topper on it.
The 2.7 Ecoboost has been flawless.

I’ll be interested to hear the cause. This 2.7 ecoboost has been very reliable and long lasting in ford other models, especially the f150.

Back