Bridgestone Weatherpeak

I came across this new 3 Peak tire from Bridgestone when browsing for tires on the Costco website.
I might consider them when l make my next tire purchase sometime next year.

looks like a good all around tire from the tread pattern.. but the invisible magic is in the compound of course.

The CC2's get good reviews but I find it hard to believe there arent compromises somewhere from that industrial tire tread pattern
(wouldnt stop me from buying a set)

Looks pretty good. I find it interesting they don't compare it to the CC2, but the Michelin Primacy.
Same here. I thought the CC2 would be the more logical choice for comparisons. It'll be interesting to see how this new tire stacks up against the CC2.

If there’s anything Bridgestone does quite well, the Blizzak series was the de facto studless snow tire before the Europeans upped their game. It would be interesting to see if Bridgestone ported some Blizzak tech for this tire.

Michelin spent a decade refining their Helios compound with sunflower oil that supposedly helps with cold pliability. That compound was used on the Primacy MXM4, Pilot Sport 3 A/S and the CrossClimate series.

If there’s anything Bridgestone does quite well, the Blizzak series was the de facto studless snow tire before the Europeans upped their game. It would be interesting to see if Bridgestone ported some Blizzak tech for this tire.

Michelin spent a decade refining their Helios compound with sunflower oil that supposedly helps with cold pliability. That compound was used on the Primacy MXM4, Pilot Sport 3 A/S and the CrossClimate series.
I highly doubt it's going to get any Blizzak WS-series (and DM-series) tech, like the multicell tube compound. The LM-series "Performance" winter just got a high silica winter compound, nothing really noteworthy technology.

looks like a good all around tire from the tread pattern.. but the invisible magic is in the compound of course.

The CC2's get good reviews but I find it hard to believe there arent compromises somewhere from that industrial tire tread pattern
(wouldnt stop me from buying a set)
There are compromises. The long tread blocks, while great for 3-season grip, the tradeoff is it doesn't dig into wet (heavy) snow that well.

I'm looking at getting these or BFGoodrich Advantage control. It's about $80 difference from Costco and I can't seem to find much on either tire. So I don't know which I should go with. Does anyone have any input?

I'm looking at getting these or BFGoodrich Advantage control. It's about $80 difference from Costco and I can't seem to find much on either tire. So I don't know which I should go with. Does anyone have any input?
you should probably include more relevant information such as what vehicle you are putting them on, and your location

Just ordered CC2’s from BJ’s today which, coincidentally, was the first time I ordered tires from them. First install appointment I could get was June 8th. I had no idea their tire shop was that busy.

you should probably include more relevant information such as what vehicle you are putting them on, and your location
A 2018 Camry. I live in northern California. Rarely drive in the snow, but do go up to Reno occasionally.

A 2018 Camry. I live in northern California. Rarely drive in the snow, but do go up to Reno occasionally.
Well one is a traditional long life touring tire with above average wet traction and the other promises some amount of "all season including snow" traction.

There are plenty of good options for your car sorry I dont have a slam dunk answer for you.

Well one is a traditional long life touring tire with above average wet traction and the other promises some amount of "all season including snow" traction.

There are plenty of good options for your car sorry I dont have a slam dunk answer for you.
No worries. Just looking for some input as I can get them both for a fair price at Costco.

I just ordered a set for my 2010 Camry from Discount Tire. They match Costco. Plus an extra 5% using their credit card. Much less wait time than Costco too.

They do mention the Michelin CrossClimate in their info now.

3-PEAK MOUNTAIN SNOWFLAKE CERTIFIED. JUST IN CASE.​

Rated 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake Certified, WeatherPeak’s winter-ready versatility means less second guessing while on the road.And in head-to-head testing, WeatherPeak tires stopped 14 feet shorter in snow than the MICHELIN®CROSSCLIMATE®2 tires*.
* Comparison based on the Bridgestone WeatherPeak tires vs. the MICHELIN®CROSSCLIMATE®2 tires from internal testing. Results may vary depending on proper tire and vehicle maintenance, road conditions, and driving habits.

Back