Bridgestone DM V2 vs Michelin X ICE SNOW

I have a choice between these two tires and I know this has been discussed tons but I wanted to ask which is the better tire. I guess I care more about longevity. Not sure if I read or did research correctly but it seems that the DM V2 only has the special tire compound for half of the tire. So does that mean the x ice will last longer and be a better performer when the depth gets lower?

thx!!

DM V2 is a truck & SUV tire, and yes, has a special compound for the first approx 55% of the tire.

If the Xice Snow comes in your truck/SUV size, then I would go with the newer tire.

I got DM V2 on my fwd RDX last week then the snow melted so haven't try it yet. I have xice XI3 on my 08 Accord since 2012. The tires are old but they still have 8/32 left and drove better than all season in the snow last year. It's back on this year again. only have 28,828 miles on them in 8yrs. Take them of and put them on when daytime temperature below 47 degree, wash and store in a bag in the garage. I wanted to get X-ice Snow but Costco never have them in stock and cost more than DM v2 (236/65/17) $529.92 before tax. I would go with Michelin but for the price and availability, I went with Bridgestone.

Last edited:
x-ice snow there is no question.. and I have a set of the blizzak dm-v2 on my jeep.

Probably the least favorite winter tire I have ever owned.. due to their sudden loss in lateral traction issue.

They are good until they arent , you are sliding and slow to regain stability.

Back