Brand new F250 eats it’s transmission.

That's a real vehicle package? LOL I saw one yesterday and the "Tremor" badges looked just like those stick-on letters you could buy at Pep Boys! I assumed it was fake.
The Tremor package on Super Dutys is actually pretty nice for the money. Only thing that I don't like on them is they use Rancho shocks instead of a real offroad shock like Fox.

Major powertrain components have a "U" shaped failure pattern. Basically the majority fail either immediately or 100K+ miles.

eww reusing coolers?? even flushed not sure the cost effectiveness of that vs new ones.
That's what I said to Robert, I told him that they would need to replace everything that has fluid running through it before I would be happy. He said that he was going to have a conversation with them about that. As I said, they're a pretty good dealership and he has a great relationship with them, so hopefully, they do what's right by him.

The Tremor package on Super Dutys is actually pretty nice for the money. Only thing that I don't like on them is they use Rancho shocks instead of a real offroad shock like Fox.

Major powertrain components have a "U" shaped failure pattern. Basically the majority fail either immediately or 100K+ miles.
That "bathtub curve" is typical of electronic components as well. A big telecom manufacturer I worked for used to burn in the assemblies after initial testing - the boards were run under load in hot chambers to artificially age the components. The weak components failed during burn-in, and those that didn't fail lasted a long time.

That's what I said to Robert, I told him that they would need to replace everything that has fluid running through it before I would be happy. He said that he was going to have a conversation with them about that. As I said, they're a pretty good dealership and he has a great relationship with them, so hopefully, they do what's right by him.
I'm not normally one to suggest aftermarket items, but Mishimoto makes an excellent transmission cooler for Super Dutys. Not sure if they have one out for the Aluma-Duty yet, but if one is available it is a good one.

It happened to me in my F-150 just out of warranty. They wouldn't do anything. It is now on its third transmission. I will never buy another Ford product. Tired of paying for trannys.
How many miles when the first, and second transmissions went out? Do you do any towing? If so, what are the weights? What type/year truck? What transmission?

Wow I thought ford figured the problems with there 10sp auto . Yes GM was involved with the development of this 10speed transmission. GM does not seem to be having these problems with there 10speed it might be ford tuning .
Also Toyota came out with there 10speed auto also . Can they build a better more reliable transmission?

It happened to me in my F-150 just out of warranty. They wouldn't do anything. It is now on its third transmission. I will never buy another Ford product. Tired of paying for trannys.
My fiancé's 2017 F150's AC compressor clutch destroyed itself on vacation last year at 32,000 miles. Truck was 11 months out of warranty, and we tried to get Ford to do a good will warranty replacement due to the low mileage, but they wouldn't do it.

Years ago I had a 93 S-10 4x4 that I bought new. My transmission never seemed to shift right and right outside of warranty it really was having problems. GM replaced it under a good will warranty. It probably helped that I had them do a transmission fluid and filter replacement while it was still under warranty.

Well Ford sent a new transmission and they put it and a new cooler in after flushing the lines out. They sent the original transmission back to Ford, so nobody here got into it to see what exactly failed.
Oh well, he has his truck back and he says that it’s doing fine. It’s a good looking truck.
59007CD8-961C-46CE-A4A1-E9CC3DF5C4FE.jpeg

Back