Brakes pads recommendation

Is time to change the brake pad for my Ford Fusion and Nissan Sentra, I am checking brake pads from Rockauto and the brake pad selection is extend .
Can you guys recommend a brand ? budget around $35 for fronts brakes

$35 ain’t enough to get you out the door at a chain parts store with their Chinese pads.

With that said. Get Raybestos EHT3s or Wagner TQ from RockAuto. You can also get Centric 105s there, but I’ve heard not so great things about them recently. Wagner QS is a “budget” pad but not as shady as most of the cheap stuff.

Also, if you have a local non-chain auto parts house affiliated with Auto Value/Federated, their “house” brand pads are a rebox of Wagner QS for US/Japanese/Korean cars(Federated), or Bosch QuietCast(Perfect Stop from Auto Value).

I’m running CQ Wearever Gold on the front of the 240 Sedan. They have been excellent in all regards.

I’ve been using these pads long before AAP bought CQ. Other than these pads I don’t buy a thing at AAP, except oil on clearance.

Anything but ThermoSqueaks for me. OEX has worked well for me in SUV flavor. My Sentra always got FLAPS brand pads and I never had any complaints in 250k miles except for one set of rotors started vibrating on their second set of pads.

The Element3/EHT pads are definitely the BITOG favorite now, but they're not the only good choice. Akebono makes great pads, and they even have their performance pads if you want a little more ;)

For your Fusion, Rock Auto also carries Motorcraft pads, but if you want Motorcraft, make sure you pick the ones labeled "OE" and not their "service level"

Pair them with Raybestos Element3 or Powerstop Geomet coated rotors.

Back