Brake pad packaging

Thought this was funny. The police brakes have a blue line on them. Someone in the packaging design department knew what they were doing. Otherwise, I find this packaging ugly and old-fashioned looking. Could definitely use a modern redesign.

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 149
Thought this was funny. The police brakes have a blue line on them. Someone in the packaging design department knew what they were doing. Otherwise, I find this packaging ugly and old-fashioned looking. Could definitely use a modern redesign.
Hey... sounds like the marketing worked really well. You found it so impressive you posted it for us :)

Is there any actual difference to these compared to other "performance" pads available?

I'm guessing it's just advertising to make people think they're getting something special, anytime I've worked on a police or gov fleet vehicle they just get whatever is locally available as far as maintenance parts go

Rand: The Blues Brothers movie had Dan Akroyd praise the 1975 "POS Dodge Monaco" ex-police car with those words.

Ford's "Police Interceptor" (engine/trunk lid badge) is the only example of police naming I can think of.

'Police' maybe came up on certain parts lists.

Rand: The Blues Brothers movie had Dan Akroyd praise the 1975 "POS Dodge Monaco" ex-police car with those words.

Ford's "Police Interceptor" (engine/trunk lid badge) is the only example of police naming I can think of.

'Police' maybe came up on certain parts lists.
I was replying to the topic post not your post.

I like getting my parts in a plain white box, leaves me to think I'm getting the best deal.

Any sort of glamorous packaging leaves me thinking my parts were intended for the morons that shoped at Pep Boys.

My oldest son is a police officer. One early Sunday morning while doing a ride along there was a shooting all the way across town. We headed there immediately via an expressway with lights every 1/4 mile or so. With siren and lights blaring in between the lights we were hitting close to 100 mph, only to slow to 30 or so going through the intersections. Over and over, over and over. At the time the PD had Crown Vics. I couldn't believe the braking power those "cop brakes" had. Zero fade and no vibrations during or after. When we raced to the scene and stopped the front brakes were smoking so badly it was like the entire front of the car was on fire.

And seeing your son race up the stairs with his AR in hand and run into a low rent apartment complex where gun fire was taking place was rather nerve wracking too. After doing three ride alongs and seeing nearly nonstop action - including a suicide by hanging in a storage locker - it made me realize that society is teetering on the brink of total chaos. I don't know how my son maintains his sanity seeing this day in and day out.

Anyway, whatever they were, those cop brakes were the real deal.

Scott

Last edited:
Back