Brake Noise lubricant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing my first brake job this weekend on 2007 Camry.
It's the fronts - Centric Rotors & Wagner Thermo Quiet Pads.

What is the recommendation for a brake noise lubricant?

Any other tips for a good brake job would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wagner states explicitly on the package to not use anti-squeal.

But use a brush and synthetic brake caliper grease on the pins and the holes on the bracket. Wire brush the hub and the clips on the bracket.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

But use a brush and synthetic brake caliper grease on the pins and the holes on the bracket. Wire brush the hub and the clips on the bracket.

Wagner's instructions specify where to lube and where not to. I did accordingly, and experience no noise.

Depends on how your Thermoquite pad is constructed. Not all of them have the integrated shims built in to them. I recall Wagner pads coming with a slip of paper on how to prep each style pad. I normally don't use anything on the molded shim pads, but I generally use "purple" aka Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake part lube on everything else. It seems to work well on everything. Used to use MolyKote when it was free, but it is ridiculously expensive to buy.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248

Depends on how your Thermoquite pad is constructed. Not all of them have the integrated shims built in to them. I recall Wagner pads coming with a slip of paper on how to prep each style pad. I normally don't use anything on the molded shim pads, but I generally use "purple" aka Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake part lube on everything else. It seems to work well on everything. Used to use MolyKote when it was free, but it is ridiculously expensive to buy.

I'll have to look - since I just got the pads yest. from Amazon.
But from comments on Amazon, most say the shims are built in & that the factory recommendation is to just lube the 'ears' or 'hangers'.
Thanks for the tips.

^Something I didn't do on my first rear-brake drum job last year, have had some noisy rear shoes since.
cry.gif

There is no such thing as brake noise lubricant.

There is lube for the sliding surfaces and pins, and there is anti-squeal sauce that is applied to the back of the pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back