Brake Fluid FLUSH - Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flush the Brake Fluid every two years.
The tool I used is made by Speedi-Bleed.
www.speedibleed.com
What's different about the Speedi-Bleed is that to supply the pressure needed, you hook a hose to your tire.
It's a very well made tool / Made in B.C. Canada
I've used it four times so far and would recommend it.

All hooked up, Bottle filled and ready to go.
I bought the Adaptor to fit my Reservoir.

Hose connected to Tire and Air Regulator set to 10 PSI

Starting at the Back Brakes.
I use Tygon Tubing to slip over the Bleeder Screw and
Clear Tubing to check color of old fluid.

Finishing at the Front Brakes.

After two years, this is typical color of the Brake Fluid I get out.

And if anyone is wondering,
the tire was down about 10 PSI, and YES I did refill it.

Clever!

The old VWs used to use the spare tire for pressure to run the windshield squirter. They later moved to a separate canister.

I've never seen that system before, looks like a cheaper alternative to a Motive Power Bleeder.
08.gif

Always with the expensive adapters, I suppose if the system is aimed at pros then maybe you need the durability of the aluminum adapters, but I've never seen a metal brake fluid cap. The GM adapter looks like a super stimpack from Fallout!

I've wanted a power bleeder for a while. I made one, but it sucked and you need to buy the adapters anyway. However, it looks like you could make your own and use the adapters from this system.

Air compressors sometimes have water in the lines. So would a tire for that matter if filled by an air compressor with water in the lines.

Then you could get nice moise air in you brake system,

A little inline air dryer could help with that.

But i live in houston and bleed the old fashon way. Im sure tha 98% humidity is getting in there when the system is open anyway.

Last edited:
I just bought one for our GS350 and Tundra.
I have a Motive Bleeder that worked great for Corvette C3 brakes.
They are notoriously difficult to bleed.

I bought the Speedi-Bleed because the Motiv does not have a good Toyota adapter.

Nice. Never seen that setup. I got a motive for Christmas a couple years ago. Sure beats pumping the brakes. I also recently became smart and started dating my brake fluid.

Great pictures and write up. All I use is the Tygon tube and a jar of BF on each bleeder. I bled the rears simultaneously once. A few hand pumps on the pedal per corner usually does it. A qt is 4 cups. So pump a little less than a cup. Key element is keeping the master cyl topped off. I cannot justify buying a tool only to use once every 2 yrs for a job that can be done without it. For a dedicated tool with no other use. Just sayin'
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
I love how you date products. I do the same.

Uh?

Perhaps you mean rate products.

If you did mean "date products" I suspect its the other way around. Products date me.

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Uh?

If you did mean "date products" I suspect its the other way around. Products date me.
He means writing the date on the products in the pictures.

You're way past your best before date, old chap!

I like the idea of the set up, but not the tire for the air supply. I have a water separator on my compressor, I'd trust that more than a tire.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: Ducked

Uh?

He means writing the date on the products in the pictures.

You're way past your best before date, old chap!

Oh, right. I thought it was directed at me, because it, like, was, strictly speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back