Brad Penn Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bradpennracing.com/
I get mine from my local Napa. The Brad Penn sales rep comes in once in a while. I can leave word for them to find out if they have any reps in Upstate NY if you would like. They might sell it on their site or a performance engine rebuilding shop may sell it. I like the 40 wt. myself for my 440.

i've been using Brad Penn 10w30 in my daily driven 99 Subaru RS, and my wife's AllTrac Camry.

purely from my research, it has a high level of ZDDP (zinc and phosphorous), which helps with film strength, etc.

but, as per the butt-dyno and my ears, i can say that i've felt a positive difference. the engine seems only marginally quieter. though, on 1 particular stretch of road, i would be at 80mph in 5th gear and floor it just prior to the beginning of the uphill (straight line uphill at that) and i would reach 95mph at the summit - that was done with a Wix oil filter and Mobil 1 10w30 oil. with Bran Penn and the same Wix oil filter, i would repeat the same exercise and hit 105mph.

the first time that this happened, i thought that i was mistaken. so, i tried it numerous times (when NO OTHER vehicles were present) and the results were nearly identical every time.

again, i did not change the spark plugs, wires or air filter before, during or after any of these tests. its just personal experience.

i have also noticed that it SEEMS that the engine revs easier, just in general.

so... while my statement most certain is not scientific, it was enough personal experience for me to go well out of my way to purchase it, even if it is more expensive than mobil 1 and similar.

Originally Posted By: not12listen
i've been using Brad Penn 10w30 in my daily driven 99 Subaru RS, and my wife's AllTrac Camry.

purely from my research, it has a high level of ZDDP (zinc and phosphorous), which helps with film strength, etc.

but, as per the butt-dyno and my ears, i can say that i've felt a positive difference. the engine seems only marginally quieter. though, on 1 particular stretch of road, i would be at 80mph in 5th gear and floor it just prior to the beginning of the uphill (straight line uphill at that) and i would reach 95mph at the summit - that was done with a Wix oil filter and Mobil 1 10w30 oil. with Bran Penn and the same Wix oil filter, i would repeat the same exercise and hit 105mph.

the first time that this happened, i thought that i was mistaken. so, i tried it numerous times (when NO OTHER vehicles were present) and the results were nearly identical every time.

again, i did not change the spark plugs, wires or air filter before, during or after any of these tests. its just personal experience.

i have also noticed that it SEEMS that the engine revs easier, just in general.

so... while my statement most certain is not scientific, it was enough personal experience for me to go well out of my way to purchase it, even if it is more expensive than mobil 1 and similar.

I am really curious of what would be outcome if you did same run up the hill with redline 5w-30 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back