Bought a '14 Buick Verano today

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife totaled her beater Saturn Wednesday and I have to say that I'm tired of daily drivers that are on the verge of disaster at all times so today I bought a new car. I went to a friend of mine who works at GM dealer and they had a new '14 Verano in the showroom that they hadn't yet sold. I got about $5k off of sticker when combined with my mother's GM employee discount. I ran a KBB search on the car and they claim (I always take this stuff with a grain of salt) that this car used with 25,000 miles on it is worth within a couple hundred dollars of what I paid for it with 79 miles and a full factory warranty. When I take delivery on Monday I'll reply with some thoughts that go beyond the quick test drive [img:left]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph...amp;oe=56D5C5B5[/img]

Originally Posted By: Ben Boyle
My wife totaled her beater Saturn Wednesday and I have to say that I'm tired of daily drivers that are on the verge of disaster at all times so today I bought a new car. I went to a friend of mine who works at GM dealer and they had a new '14 Verano in the showroom that they hadn't yet sold. I got about $5k off of sticker when combined with my mother's GM employee discount. I ran a KBB search on the car and they claim (I always take this stuff with a grain of salt) that this car used with 25,000 miles on it is worth within a couple hundred dollars of what I paid for it with 79 miles and a full factory warranty. When I take delivery on Monday I'll reply with some thoughts that go beyond the quick test drive
hph...amp;oe=56D5C5B5

hph...amp;oe=56D5C5B5

ok? I guess not.

but nice car...

Last edited:
Congratulations! I'm with you on not driving junk. There's more to life than saving a penny on everything. There's value in driving reliable vehicles, and in driving vehicles you enjoy.

Cheers!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Congratulations! I'm with you on not driving junk. There's more to life than saving a penny on everything. There's value in driving reliable vehicles, and in driving vehicles you enjoy.

Cheers!

I guess that's why many buy 100's of quarts of oil. They more you buy the more you save?

I have 4 free oil changes so I'll use those for now. In the end, it'll get Wolf's Head Syn-Pack Dexos and I've already priced a case of Wix filters for when that time comes.

I've never driven a Verano, but I sat in several at the dealership, and they seemed like compact vaults on wheels. If yours is anything like my Regal (I have the same engine), it will be reliable and a pleasure to drive.

Here is a Verano forum: http://buickforums.com/forums/forums/100-Buick-Verano-Forum-%28Excelle%29 The people there don't post as often as those in the Regal forum, but the latter are all about modding and tuning their cars.

I've seen absolutely no oil use in 2 years with the 2.4 engine, and about 31 mpg hwy/21-22 city on regular gas. The mpg has been a little better lately at 61K miles as I've been able to turn off the A/C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back