Bosch distance plus versus premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are at the parts store and you notice that there are two versions of the Bosch filter. The distance plus is a couple bucks more and in a blue can versus the black can of the premium. Both filters are expensive and you are wondering if there is a difference. I cut open both (the D3312) and found that there is a difference between the two.

Premium - black can - 720cm2 of filter surface area. The o-ring looks rubber. The internal vents in the tubes, silicone o-ring and leaf spring look to be the same as the distance plus....

Distance plus - blue can - Same 720cm2 of filter surface area. I cant tell if there is a difference in the media? You get upgraded silicone o-ring and much thicker can. The spring and the vents look the same. If the oring and can are worth it to you, this is a superior filter.

The D+ base gasket is coated red it isn't silicone. They have one line called Steeltech and it is made by Wix. These are made by Purolator. The D+ is below the premium for efficiency. Don't know if these are the old product now with the Steeltech thing or what's going on with Bosch. I used to use them until the Premiums started showing torn media and I found one with a displaced adbv. You may want to look at the Boss by Purolator if you like that company. Some have been found with torn adbv's though on certain models.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/documents/101512/0/0/3dac898d-5c1b-4336-92c5-a737d4921a87

Distance Plus are all on clearance at walmart for $3 each.
I got enough to do my vehicles and all my friends for like,,, 5-6 years?

Originally Posted By: tj90
The internal vents in the tubes ...

Louvers is term everyone uses.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
Local Walmart had Bosch+ on the clearance shelf for $1 each!

Found a nice stash at one near me for the Dakota, only I already have a nice stash for the thing. It killed me to not buy them though. I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back