Bosch D+ D3422 C&P, ~5,000 miles

This is a Bosch D+ D3422 oil filter off a 2012 Scion xB.
65,002 miles on vehicle, 4,968 miles/8 months on filter.

Almost kind of pointless to post this since you really can't find these anymore, but they really were good filters.
Noticed a bit of silver flakes in it, have not seen that before, so will need to keep an eye on that at the next change.

IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8519.JPG

IMG_8521.JPG

IMG_8523.JPG

IMG_8524.JPG

IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8528.JPG

IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8529.JPG

youtube video:

Looks good. What went back in and on? Thank You 🍻🇺🇸
I used Mobil 1 AFE 0w-20 and a Fram TG3600.
Still sticking with a 5,000 mile interval.
It is my daughters car, and she had been doing mostly short trip driving (3-5 miles a few times a day, 4-5 days a week).
She just started a new job that is ~15 miles away, and is in bad traffic both coming and going, so I think the 5,000 mile interval with synthetic is still a good match.

Thank you! I still have these in my stash from the W*M clearance years ago.
That's where I got mine as well.

I actually was going through my filters and found I do have one more of these D3422, but it is one with louvers (the C&P above has holes), and need to see how well opened the louvers are. I know the initial runs of many filters with louvers had less than ideal openings in many cases.

Agree that these are very good filters. They sacrifice some of the micron rating for extra carrying capacity. Most engines won't know the difference especially if they are subjected to longer OCI. Have a few left from RA when they had a closeout @$4.30 each. Just checked and the 3323 is back to $8.10 so they are still available.

Think they are just as good as any top tier filter.

Bosch.jpg

Agree that these are very good filters. They sacrifice some of the micron rating for extra carrying capacity. Most engines won't know the difference especially if they are subjected to longer OCI. Have a few left from RA when they had a closeout @$4.30 each. Just checked and the 3323 is back to $8.10 so they are still available.

Think they are just as good as any top tier filter.

View attachment 101158
Are they available at Rock Auto? Probably some new old stock.
The one I have left is from 2016.

Back