Bosch D+ D3312

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone did a CUT open of a Bosch D+ oil filter and I think I was a lil hard. I mean I have never really tried the filter before.

So I went to store and felt it and I can say its HEAVY. I compared it to a PUREONE and I can say its seem more heavy. At least the one for my Honda.

I still feel they are expensive.

Here are pics and Im thinking about cutting it open new just for us
smile.gif

and I have done it before with the ULTRA-8 Brand Oil filter, ** CUT OPEN NEW **

ALSO VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT SAY MADE IN USA... Since most are many oil filters today are made in Mexico or CHINA.... Fram is Mexico....at least the FRAM ULTRA I saw today said hecho mexico / made in mexico... SO I was happy to see made in USA on this filter
smile.gif

atkd4y.jpg

As you can see this is for Honda Accord, I wanted one that looked more like the 7317 shape but I didnt know the cross refernce

156ye7o.jpg

69j339.jpg

Also it has a extra laywer of steal over the base plate I guess you can call it. The part that has the imprint 20 MM

Also it has more threads then some oil filters.

I can tell you this filter is a TANK, Im not looking forward cutting this open and I do it by HAND with like a pipe saw... Takes like 30 minutes or 5 times starting and stopping on most filters.

I have a oil change coming up in 1500 miles or so and Im thinking Im going to use this one....

Also I no longer feel its a PUREONE in a blue can.... Its much mroe heavy and the base plate is differetn..

Now Im not sure if the gasket is Treated with PTFE like a pureone used to or still is or if the gasket is silicone???

I can say it resembles the Bosch Prem / Filtech technogy filter... (( THE BLACK ONES ))

However this is more heavy but I mean the bypass and the ADBV looks the same.

I cant wait to cut it open.. Perhaps Ill cut it open new... Give one up for the site.

Last edited:
The Bosch Distance plus is not like the Purolator PureOne. The Bosch Distance plus is superior with much stronger construction as you noted yourself. The media is much stronger, I have never seen a D+ with any tears in the media or any waves in the pleats, they are very nice.

A solid if pricy filter. Ran one two oci's to 13.5k miles as linked (in this thread.)

And as a google search of this site will reveal many dissected new/unused and used have been posted, I wouldn't waste a perfectly good new BD+. Run it and then post it.

And yes, made in the US, same plant as P1/BP.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: sayjac
A solid if pricy filter. Ran one two oci's to 13.5k miles as linked (in this thread.)

If it's a better filter you might expect to pay more.

No doubt. Perhaps should have added, compared to some other comparable tier filters. Which is pretty much what I said in this recent thead also on the BD+.

Originally Posted By: David1

ALSO VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT SAY MADE IN USA...

It's probably made right here in Fayetteville, NC. Is there a code stamped into the top of the filter in dot matrix ink?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

ALSO VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT SAY MADE IN USA...

It's probably made right here in Fayetteville, NC. Is there a code stamped into the top of the filter in dot matrix ink?

Is it just made in Fayetteville, NC or made by Americans in Fayetteville, NC?

Originally Posted By: Donald
Is it just made in Fayetteville, NC or made by Americans in Fayetteville, NC?

Sorry, I don't have the demographical makeup of each shift at Purolator. You'll have to contact their HR department for that information...
wink.gif

ALSO VERY HAPPY TO SEE IT SAY MADE IN USA... Since most are many oil filters today are made in Mexico or CHINA.... Fram is Mexico....at least the FRAM ULTRA I saw today said hecho mexico / made in mexico... SO I was happy to see made in USA on this filter
smile.gif

I checked 4 FRAM ULTRA filters and 2 Wix filters in my stash they are all made in USA.

A filter's country of origin seems to differ depending on the demand of the filter. The WIX for my moms car is hecho en Mexico.. meanwhile the Fram TG is cheaper and made in the US.

Back on topic, I think this filter looks awesome. It reminds me of the M1 filter. Very stout, but very $$$ as well. If my jeep wasn't so picky with filters, I'd entertain a 2x OCI run.

Originally Posted By: steve20
pics look great--what did you do, wax that thing before taking the pictures?

Yea I used a all in 1 wax. Cleaner wax. LOL

Joke

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

If it's a better filter you might expect to pay more.

Well actually i got this filter cheap, only cost me 3$ out of my pocket.

The rest was out of Wallymarts pocket.

b/c I had a wallymart gift card and after I went shopping there was a few $ left on card and used it and paid differnce for the BD+ is all.

Last edited:

And as a google search of this site will reveal many dissected new/unused and used have been posted, I wouldn't waste a perfectly good new BD+. Run it and then post it.

Yea its going to be runned or I will give it to my step Dad he has a Honda Oddessey..

I still have a few A01s left

I wonder if this filter is flow restrictive?

I know FRAM ULTRA has a great flow rate.. does anyone know about the BD+

thanks

The DB+ will flow just fine, and the engine will not know the difference.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The DB+ will flow just fine, and the engine will not know the difference.

thanks but do you know specs?

Is the flow rate as good as FRAM Ultra?

I know some oil filters are flow restrictive.... didnt amsoil have to stop making a few oil filters b/c of that problem?

This is on bosch site.. isnt 40 micron rather large? I thought fram ultra and fram tough gaurd were 20 micron???

Performs with any formulation of motor oil. 99.9%* efficiency, greater capacity and greater burst resistance strength than conventional oil filters. *Based on ISO 4548-12 at 40 microns on D3500 **Compared to conventional filters
Key Features

300%** greater capacity holds more dirt
2Xs greater burst resistance strength
Ultimate performance with synthetic, semi-synthetic and conventional oils

Last edited:
^^^ Yep, it's at 99.9% @ 40 microns which equates to around 70~80 % @ 20 microns.

The Ultra flow vs delta-p a bit better than the PureOne (based on numbers given by Motorking a while back), and I'd bet the BD+ flow at least as good as the PureOne, maybe a little better since it's efficiency isn't as high.

PureOne Flow Data

Yea its going to be runned or I will give it to my step Dad he has a Honda Oddessey..

I wonder if this filter is flow restrictive?....

Good move running the BD+ imo.

And I'm unaware of any filter being too restrictive in pc use. As long as I've been a member never see one posted or proven as such. I have seen unproven rhetoric and repeated urban legends posted on the topic, but's that's all it is. I wouldn't be concerned at all about flow.

well i heard some amsoil oil fitlers were not made anymore b/c they had problem with flow..

i could be wrong but i thought i read it here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back