Book by CIA official- Slams WAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one of thousands of underachieving overpaid Government Workers(slackers) with an ax to grind. Now if hundreds of CIA guys came forward-I might listen. "Might" mind you
grin.gif
grin.gif
. I hope their book sells well
rolleyes.gif

The last paragraph

''Anonymous said he has "a pressing certainty that Al Qaeda will attack the continental United States again, that its next strike will be more damaging than that of 11 September 2001, and could include use of weapons of mass destruction.''

If we only hadn't invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, we would be safe from more terrorists attacks?

I expected this. 1) Election year. 2) Head of CIA was given his walking papers. 3) CIA is in need of a deep and serious overhaul.

Just the other day my Dad counted 82 Bush Bashing Books at Borders Book Store. THe only good thing was that no one was buying them. They also seem to have too many Bill CLinton books. Hillarys book was next to Bill's. Again in spite of these books chokeing the entrance no one was buying them!

I found this odd since I live in a predominately Democratic area!

How the heart of the radical utopian left in the West aches for another alliance with a Stalin or "you're not allowed to win" Korea and Vietnam!

The successful military campaign in Iraq, unprecedented since the campaigns of Caesar and his legions, defeating a Stalinist police state, including astounding achievement in urban warfare (the left's cherished stronghold is the rootless, soulless megalopolis - it was the success in urban warfare which really unnerves them), is for the radical utopian left beyond the pale.

After all, for the Elders of Lesbos, war itself is simply too masculine...

No ax to grind. The author was on NPR this morning. He is right.

quote:

"We are fighting a worldwide Islamic insurgency -- not criminality or terrorism -- and our policy and procedures have failed to make more than a modest dent in enemy forces," he said.

He said the threat from radical Islam is rooted in opposition not to American values, but to policies and actions, particularly in the Islamic world.

At least on NPR, he didn't really slam war, but the administrations classifications of terrorists and reasoning behind actions.

He also said it was too late for diplomacy now. We basically need to just kill them all. Keep killing and don't ever let up.

Anyone think that maybe, just maybe a lot of Arabs are ****** at Bin Bunghole..er Bin Ladin for bringing waves of death and destruction to the Arab people? I'm sure that the aforementioned folks harbor as much ill will towards Bin Ladin as they do for United States policy.

Just my two cents,

S

Me for one. I just can't believe all the Muslims support the militants and are eager to die fighting us. I am disappointed how little the moderates are making their selves known. Perhaps in Iraq, they will come out of the woodwork once we turn sovereignty over next week. I also suspect the new management may be less careful of the niceties and more effective in dealing with those that hate the thought of a free, prosperous Iraq. I am afraid they can't do much about the American news media except throw them out.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Me for one. I just can't believe all the Muslims support the militants and are eager to die fighting us.

That is disappointing...Then again, living under evil rulers is really a way of life for most-I suspect. Even with Sadam..as long as you kept on the straight and narror you were likely to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back