Bolt D29 Lithium Ion Jump Starter, how to properly used it???

I am posting this question after trying to jump start my son's CRV, he left a dome light on for 4 days.

It fail miserably either by operator error on my part or the battery was just too low of charge. I did hook it up normally w/ the clamps on the battery posts and press the override button few times.

I saw 2 videos where they claim that you can actually disconnect either cable and used the pack to start the car. In older cars, it might seem to work ok but in cars w/ lots of tech do you see a problem???

Note: An incandescent lightbulb can drain a battery to the abyss. If you drain a battery that way, it's really cold out and the battery freezes because it wasn't caught for day(s), kiss the battery goodbye.

Note: An incandescent lightbulb can drain a battery to the abyss. If you drain a battery that way, it's really cold out and the battery freezes because it wasn't caught for day(s), kiss the battery goodbye.

Instead of playing w/ the old battery, I install a new one. I have the old battery w/ a trickle charger.

This is probably exactly what happened.

the flatlined battery’s electrolyte becomes water once the acidity is basically all sulfated on the plates. This allows it to freeze. Once it’s frozen, it’s a gamble. The ice may crack the plates. Or they may be fine. NEVER CHARGE A FROZEN BATTERY. As it might begin accepting a charge, you’ll get high pressure deposits sealed within the ice. If it explodes, they can explode with significant force and damage.

after the battery completely thaws, (bring it inside?) you might see it take a charge, but the chances are it has lost 20-40% of its capacity, if it’s not mechanically damaged.

I trickle charge the battery at 1.5 amps, left it overnight and currently shows 12.8 volts/ Surface charge. I have an old fashion battery tester that uses a PILE to load test the battery. Let see if it survives.

Back