Body (car) parts......

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a few panels on my wife's car to replace...

A few weeks ago, my wife's car was involved in a hit and run, in which the guy hit a few cars and drove off. So, wife's car was smacked in the front (a tapped in the back)....this accident ended up being 8 cars..

Car is better now, but I need to replace the driver's front fender, hood, and the driver's headlight. Headlight is easy (rockauto), but the others, not so much. Was told junkyard parts are better, but I am running into issues the car is old (2003 Cavalier), and the parts are either already messed up good, or rusting up pretty good first. That, and it seems most older cavaliers (that would also fit) are hitting the crusher first! Parts are available on rock auto, but I have not tried them before, so I figured I would ask here...

Car still runs very well, and I want to fix it, but be careful not to spend too much......

April 2013 a car ran a red light in front of me and I clipped their right rear quarter panel. They totaled my car for a front bumper , hood , right front fender , two headlights and a core support. I decided to keep it and fix it - it drove great other than body damage.I purchased it all on Rockauto.com - for less than $350 shipped (minus the hood & core support )
All parts I received were good quality and fit great.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
how Do these Look?

http://row52.com/Search/?Year=2003&V...amp;IsVin=false

First time I've seen a decent silver sedan! Fender is perfect, hood is bent though....
frown.gif

look into junk yards in the south. usually the stuff is clean and rust free. There is a company out of trinity Alabama that also has a facility in Paw Paw Michigan. They ship parts to their Michigan lot once a month. My uncle owns a body shop and has them meet on I-65 in indiana to bring him bedsides often. Their name has slipped my mind. If i think of it i will post it here later.

If you want something nice and rust free, you can't beat getting parts from the south.

Last edited:
Look on ebay for CAPA certified parts. Most have free shipping (Rock will crucify you on the shipping).
CAPA certified parts are decent quality and will fit properly. I just typed in "2003 chevy cavalier front fender CAPA"
If it doesn't have CAPA in the description leave it alone.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=200...PA&_sacat=0

Edit: Try the original GM par# also. Sometimes you get OE NOS for cheap. I got a brand new OE GM GTP bumper from a Chevy dealer for $100 inc free shipping, it came on a tractor trailer in an 8 ft box!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
look into junk yards in the south. usually the stuff is clean and rust free. There is a company out of trinity Alabama that also has a facility in Paw Paw Michigan. They ship parts to their Michigan lot once a month. My uncle owns a body shop and has them meet on I-65 in indiana to bring him bedsides often. Their name has slipped my mind. If i think of it i will post it here later.

If you want something nice and rust free, you can't beat getting parts from the south.

That is true, as finding stuff up here is near impossible....

Originally Posted By: Trav
Look on ebay for CAPA certified parts. Most have free shipping (Rock will crucify you on the shipping).
CAPA certified parts are decent quality and will fit properly. I just typed in "2003 chevy cavalier front fender CAPA"
If it doesn't have CAPA in the description leave it alone.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=200...PA&_sacat=0

Edit: Try the original GM par# also. Sometimes you get OE NOS for cheap. I got a brand new OE GM GTP bumper from a Chevy dealer for $100 inc free shipping, it came on a tractor trailer in an 8 ft box!

Looking for Capa as well.....just will have to get it painted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back