BMW S1000R engine valves at 14,000 rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's float, I think it's just the speed of the valves and the frame rate of the camera aligning at certain frequencies. But I could be wrong.

I don't know the speed or specification of the camera.

Nice video. I highly doubt that was valve float. This is a race engine. I think its designed to perfection.

Valves are supposed to rotate! I don't think we saw any float, it just looked that way because of the camera-valve harmonics.

robert

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I don't think it's float, I think it's just the speed of the valves and the frame rate of the camera aligning at certain frequencies. But I could be wrong.

I don't know the speed or specification of the camera.

I was talking about the rotation, not the camera framerate effect.

Originally Posted By: robertcope
Valves are supposed to rotate! I don't think we saw any float, it just looked that way because of the camera-valve harmonics.

robert

+1

The best of them are on par with the best of us. It's the average that's different.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Those Germans; they are so far ahead of us....
Back in the late 60s the Honda 350s would run for long periods of time at 10,500 rpm. Some racing Honda M/C did even higher RPMs.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Back in the late 60s the Honda 350s would run for long periods of time at 10,500 rpm. Some racing Honda M/C did even higher RPMs.

lol.gif
thumbsup2.gif

The CB92 Benly would redline at 10,500 rpm in the very early '60s.
Honda's racing 4 cylinder 4 stroke 125 redlined at 22,000 rpm...in 1967.

Originally Posted By: Steve S

I was not referring to the RPM's..

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Honda's racing 4 cylinder 4 stroke 125 redlined at 22,000 rpm...in 1967.

Really? Wow; a reciprocating piston engine at 22,000 rpm is mind-boggling.

That's a lot of oil vapor flying around in there. gives you an idea of what PCV is pulling through besides blowby.

Gives me some respect for my old Honda 600's that spent a lot of time at or above 14,000 rpm and rarely broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back