Bluetooth Speaker Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to listen to music off of YouTube so I'd like to get a Bluetooth Speaker that I can take outside with me. Anyone know of any good Bluetooth Speakers in the $50-100 dollar range. And how hard is it to hook up to a Desktop Computer.

I got one of the small Bose one's from my brother as a gift. Sounds really excellent, but I believe it was more than $100.

I would go down to a store and listen to a couple of them and see how they sound. You can only get so much with two drivers and a passive radiator speaker.

If you have a BT adapter, Windows 10 or macOS pairing should be no issue. The Bluetooth stack in Windows 7 and below does not support BT audio streaming so you have to install a 3rd party driver and app that overrides the Windows BT stack.

Last edited:
I just got an Ion outback explorer a couple of weeks ago. It's got Bluetooth, aux line in and AM/FM radio built in and it's all battery powered. I'm a stereo freak and I was totally amazed how good this thing sounded. It is not all that big and when charged, will run for about 4 days non-stop. This thing ROCKS.
http://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=322317829909&ul_noapp=true,true&chn=ps&lpid=82,82

A relative of mine has a JBL Bluetooth speaker and it sounds far better than their older Bose sound dock. I was very impressed by it. However, I think it is the $200 model.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
A relative of mine has a JBL Bluetooth speaker and it sounds far better than their older Bose sound dock. I was very impressed by it. However, I think it is the $200 model.

JBL Xtreme. Yeah, it's a pretty good sounding speaker, and quite powerful, but for the price, it [censored] better be. The specs claim 2x20W amp. Of course these specs are fairly useless, but it does get pretty loud, indeed.

Still, the woofers are only 63mm, (2.5"), so don't expect any real bass. All you get is boosted mid-bass. Granted, it's still a lot better than what you get from most other BT speakers out there. Somewhere there is a balance between sound quality and portability. This JBL is still portable, but it comes with a shoulder strap because it weighs 5 lbs.
smile.gif

http://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/XTREME.html

I received a Dell Bluetooth Speaker free with a laptop I bought a few years back.

Great sound, nice item.

I think they retail around $100.

I use it in my garage for tunes, and it works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back