Blower motor only works on blast

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This
Something like this, but this is for a 2001 Grand Prix. Your wire colors may be the same or different colors, but same Idea!
On the GP system, there is a separate 30 Amp fuse for Hi Blower and a separate relay for Hi.
And a FUSE FOR THE TEMP SPEED CONTROLER AND A FUSE FOR THE RESISTOR BOARD.
Thread starter said 2) Yes, it’s manual. I have the old one. Some pics.
Replace control panel.............................Happens, but these rarely go bad.

View attachment 160462
thanks going to check this. And find something to protect my ribs from the rocker panels 🥺

thanks going to check this. And find something to protect my ribs from the rocker panels 🥺
OK YW!
I can't seem to find a schematic ATM but it looks like your car has 3 fuse blocks too! Of course, 1 under the hood and 2 inside the car one on the left and one on the right like the Grand Prix!
So I would almost bet the harness connector at the Blower resistor is the same as the GP or **** close.
Looks like there are 3 fuses all together for your car too, so you want to check for power on both sides of those fuses that apply. Don't just look @ them or swap them you must check for power on both sides.
These should apply to your car too, especially fuse C on the right inside, that feeds the blower panel/switch.
05 Chevy Classic Right side.jpg
Chevy Interior Fuse Left Side.gif
2005 Chevy Malibu Underhood.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edited to add,
These should apply to your car too, especially fuse C on the right inside, that feeds the blower panel/switch.

You might try unplug the panel from the resister right at the resister. The control panel controls the motor speed by changing the voltage to the resister through the signal wire. There should be three wires. One is ground. One is the variable voltage signal wire and the third is the power wire.

Have someone change the fan speed on the control while you measure the voltage between the signal wire and ground. The voltage should start at about 5 volts at the lowest setting to close to 12 volts at the highest reading.

The highest fan speed actually bypasses the resister so if only the highest speed works, and you are getting the proper signal you might try another resister. Failing that try another fan unfortunately.

Yeah, it does, but it's crazy, on My Grand Prix, there is a separate 30 Amp fuse for Hi blower, and a Hi relay, but the High relay is actually located inside the blower resistor!! :eek::eek::eek:

"but the High relay is actually located inside the blower resistor"

Looks like the 2003 Chevy Silverado had the blower hi relay contained in the blower resistor as well!
In case anyone is researching it!
03 Chevy Silver.jpg

"but the High relay is actually located inside the blower resistor"

Looks like the 2003 Chevy Silverado had the blower hi relay contained in the blower resistor as well!
In case anyone is researching it!
View attachment 160610
"But the High relay is actually located inside the blower resistor"

Puzzled me for a bit, because my low was out......... and 2nd speed and 3rd speed worked, but my high was out too! and I knew the resistor is bypassed on high as a rule!!

Leaky Seals, did you get a chance to look at/or find anything?

With winter coming I revisited this problem. Took everything apart and tested with a voltmeter using the diagrams people sent me. I was getting varying voltages from the blower motor resistor harness which is what you would expect for each speed. So I decided to buy another blower motor resistor, but this time not from AutoZone. A brand new OEM. And guess what? It worked 😳 DOA? Or just incompatible? I don’t know. And being an electrical component, I can’t bring it back. But anyways thought I would share the resolution. Replacement blower motor resistor behaved the exact same way as the failed original, sending me off on a wild goose chase firing the parts canon to no avail.

Back