Blitz SUS intake systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I've already come to the conclusion while lurking here that K&N may very well be bad for cars, I'm trying to find some other hi-flow alternative. I have a Subaru SVX, and anyone familiar with these cars will know that the aftermarket is very small, so aftermarket intakes are not too common. There is one that is based on the Blitz SUS stainless mesh filter that is availiable, but I'm not certain how well these filters actually clean the intake air charge. Anyone have experience with the Blitz filters? If not, I guess I could get one and have my oil analyzed to see for sure, but I hate to spend $85 on a filter that is going to damage my car (more than the previous owner already has, that is).

Failing that, anyone know a store in NJ where I could get a Baldwin or Donaldson (assuming they have a filter that will fit my car)? From what I've seen here, they seem to be the best "safe" hi-flow filters.

Your probably better off just sticking with the stock style paper filter. If you stick a cone filter under your hood, you'll be sucking in 200 degree air which is rather pointless unless you want your car's intake note to growl while you continually lose engine performance as underhood temps sky rocket.

there was a test conducted with a couple of cone style intake systems and blitz and k & n was apart of it. blitz performed the worst. i wish i knew where it was but u might as well get a AEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back